Chapter 5: Velvet Lining

Y/N P.O.V.        Location: Velvet Room.

It's different... The Velvet Room.

It's changed.

(Ignore the doors

(Ignore the doors.)

Whatever's happening, Chronos had nothing to do with it.

Could this be what happens when two Wild Cards meet?

Akira and I were never in the room at the same time. This kind of... transfiguration never happened before.

(Yu) - What the-? What happened here? I was here not two hours ago!

I look to my left to see a younger man with gray hair.

(Y/N) - Yu Narukami, was it?

He turns to look at me, and seems surprised.

(Yu) - ...You really are a wild card.

(Y/N) - Who else would have access to the Velvet Room?

(Yu) - ...Why are you doing this? Going against the general, and your mother? Trying to flee when they wanted to just talk?

(Y/N) - ...You don't know who I am. All you know is that my biological father is Tohru Adachi, I use guns to summon my personas, and that I am a very violent person when the odds are against me.

(Yu) - Violent?! You broke Yosuke's nose!

(Y/N) - I told him to get it checked before he passed out. I'm no medical professional.

(Yu) - You put five bullets into Kanji's leg!

(Y/N) - Four bullets, actually. The first was a warning shot.

(Yu) - You made a psychological attack on Teddie! He suffers enough from his current identity crisis!

(Y/N) - Don't act like I knew that. I was just chilling in that warehouse, minding my own business. I wasn't a threat to anybody.

(Yu) - How were you not a threat?! Who knows what you were doing in there?!

(Y/N) - They call it a hideout for a reason, Narukami. You should try it.

We're both silent for a few moments, before I take a seat at the table in the center of the room, reach under it, and pull out the chess set that I had Igor hide there..

(Yu) - What are you doing?

(Y/N) - They took my arms in the real world, and they bound my legs after I broke Goldenrod's dick, so I'm gonna be here awhile. I'm not gonna get much done in reality, so I may as well dive into the subconscious. You gonna take a seat, or are you gonna make me play myself?

(Yu) - ...

He looks at me, baffled, before he takes a seat across from me. I set up the pieces, and we begin to play.

I move my black pawn to A4. He moves his white pawn to A5 to cut it off.

If he follows my next moves, he'll be falling for my Wall of Fire technique.

(Yu) - That was a strange first move.

(Y/N) - Not as strange as you may think.

We continue our little game. Piece after piece falls, with minimal loss on my side.

(Yu) - How are you so good at this?

(Y/N) - My late girlfriend was a high-class lady. She played a lot of strategy games during her free time. I picked up a few things during my time with her.

I make the final move, taking the white king with my remaining bishop.

(Y/N) - Checkmate.

(Yu) - Damn. Your lady taught you well.

(Y/N) - Thank you. She was the best girlfriend I could ask for.

(Yu) - So, why are you here?

...

(Y/N) - ...I always come here whenever I can't find the silver lining. It's easier to find the seams in here than out there.

(Yu) - So... what?

(Y/N) - I come here for the velvet lining. Cause it's the little things that make life worth living.

I lean in closer, staring at him intently.

(Y/N) - Now tell me. Why are YOU here, Narukami?

(Yu) - ...Beg pardon?

(Y/N) - You have a good team... so why do you allow yourselves to be manipulated by Ironwood... when you're capable of so much more?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

629 words. I hope you enjoy this one, and have a wonderful (time of day).

I'm not sure if this chapter is as good as the last one, but I'm posting the next chapter of Taking it All Apart soon. Stay tuned.

Adagium Subjugate, OUT!