What we did next

I soon called in Poppy, our little brown head rascal, which scampered in and pounced onto the bed and immediately started to lick your face. With a giggle and some gentle pushing, Poppy was encouraged to come to me instead. I held her up and lowered her down rhythmically, rubbing noses with her at each apex of the drops. Then with a light shuffle I turned to see you with your arms folded and in a fake aura of jealousy. The pup returned to the ground with a light tattle along the ground due to her long nails. I told myself to get them cut. My arms wrapped around your waist and I hugged close against you and lightly whispered in your ear "check the drawer"
You launched towards the cupboard to find a bag of chocolate bites, the exact ones that you regretted not buying the day before.
You smiled. That was all I needed. The only thing I want to see in life, I get to see it everyday. After the stars winked at my through your glistening grin I got up to feed the dog, leaving you with your early birthday present. Well. Roughly a month early. Just means that if I forget, I can call in that. "A genius plan" I thought to myself whilst pouring the slick, greasy chow the marketers claim as dog food into the baby blue bowl the mutt claimed as it's own.