Chapter 13 - Katherine

I skip around the restaurant, feeling invigorated, happy and downright excited. Killian promised me a surprise on our way home and I can't wait to see it.

As I check the tables, I catch Ben's gaze, but the moment he notices me looking, he immediately averts his eyes and goes back to wiping the glasses. It's not the first time I noticed him look at me, but I never paid much attention to it. It's not like I'd ever see him as more than a friend. I have a boyfriend.

Speaking of boyfriend, I just love being with Killian. He's so sweet and affectionate that I always feel like I'm about to melt under his hot loving gaze. He stares at me with those grey eyes of his like I'm all he sees, all he wants.

"Kate, there's a call for you." Betty, one of the waitresses, tells me quietly as I go behind the bar.

"Got it. Thank you." I take the phone from her and head to my office for some privacy. "Hello?"

"Katherine, it's Tank." I feel my heart drop. For him to call me it must be serious.

"Did something happen?"

He sighs. "Not really. I just sent Killer on a job, so he can't go to pick you up." He informs quickly before there's a ruckus on his side, making me frown. I hear some quiet grunt that I actually think belongs to Tank then there's a hushed female voice talking. Treasure.

"Hey Kathie, it's me. – I smile at her voice – Don't worry about anything. I'll get someone to pick you up later." She assures. "John don't give me this look! You can't just tell her she has no way to go home. Oh shit, I didn't hang up. Kathie, Kathie, you there?"

I giggle quietly. "Yeah, I'm here."

"Oh, okay. Give me a second, okay? INK, ARE YOU FREE?!" I almost laugh at the cheeky girl screaming all over the room while Tank grumbles to himself about her stressing out in her state. "Ink is free. He'll come to get you, okay?"

"Sure. Thanks Treasure, but I can just take a cab. You don't have to bother anyone to-"

"Nonsense. You're Killer's girl, so you deserve the same treatment as other old ladies." I can clearly hear the tease in her voice and, as usual, it brings a blush to my cheeks. This girl is awesome!

"Thanks, girl." I smile.

"No problem. Oh, and just so you know, we're having a girl's night tonight, cause the guys have to deal with something. And you can expect a call from Killy, I saw him pacing nervously at the back, staring at the phone like it's going to bite him." Treasure finishes with a laugh, knowing well that I get flustered whenever she mentions me being Killian's girl. Cheeky woman.

We say quick byes then I go back to work, thinking about what I heard. Killian's going on a job. And the club has to deal with something. Is Killian going to hurt someone? Kill someone?

I know he said it's his job to deal with the club's enemies, but I haven't seen him do that even once since I started staying with the club. I would lie if I said I'm not scared of seeing that side of Killian.

Because I'm terrified.

Some time ago, Killian actually left for a while, along with some of the club members, to help this Lia girl, whom I still haven't met. I had no idea what it was about, but I was really sad while he was gone. It was... lonely without him.

I was even wondering about actually taking this job here, worried about leaving Killian for so long. Spending a whole day without him is not easy after being with him most of my time.