One minute to Six

The wound was hurting too much. Because of my service for the country I got free medical treatment. Molly and Mother observed the wound, then rushed me to the hospital. I was admitted. The scars were so bad no hospital in the region had good enough medical values. I was flown on a plane to some place far away. I had a disease that couldn't be cured and I had to take a drug that would kill me. Amazingly, the drug saved me. Now I could keep my promise. Be Tommo's adopted father.

>>Time Skip 13 years>>

Little Tommo, or should I say not so little anymore is 15, and is going on his first date today. I walked into his room and was combing his sand coloured hair. The perfume bottle I had given him was on his dresser, the seal broken.
The room smelt like a garden of flowers. "She'll like that," I commented smiling. He put his comb down on the table and ran to me and gave me a hug. "Father," he asked. "Did my real father die in the war,". "Are you my uncle." "Yes Tommo," I replied. "Thank you for taking care of me," he replied. He checked his watch. The watch that I gave him, the one that Charlie gave me. "I'd better get going," he said in a strange manly voice. "Cheerio,". "Bye, Tommo, be safe." There he went. I had better go check on Mother's grave. I walked swiftly out of the house past the Church, down the lane and three paces left. That's how I used to remember when I was little and we went to visit Father's grave. Now it was Mother's turn. Of course I still visited Father's grave, but not as often as I visited Mother's. I finally reached the grave.

***