*+• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1•+*

* * ✿ ❀

Y/N's POV:

The squeaking of shoes against the gym floor can be heard from outside. The continuous squeak then silence. That silence is followed by the players yelling out to one another. The cool wind would blow through the trees as I walked over to my usual spot. Everyday, after school, I sit beneath a tree located near the gym and study or do homework. I don't have many friends only one and his name is Tsukkishima Kei. Tsukki is like a best friend to me. The Tsukki most people would probably know is considered mean to some but to me, he's been my best friend for a very long time.

Chatter could be heard throughout the hallways as the school day had ended. I grabbed my books and quickly hurried out of the classroom to my usual spot beneath the tree. Unfortunately, I was a being a little bit of a klutz and wasn't paying attention to where I was headed. The sound of my books hitting the floor and papers flying everywhere were the only source of noise in the hallway.

I was too scared to look up into the eyes of whoever I had just bumped into so I merely kept my eyes glued on the mess in front of me as I sat up and began collecting my things.

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going-"

"It's alright I should have probably moved."

His voice was silvery. I could have sworn the whole world had stopped in that moment when he spoke. His words were somehow reassuring.
So reassuring, that I became brave enough to slowly lift up my head and look him in the eyes.

I was unable to think clearly or say anything at all. He simply looked into my eyes and gave me an apologetic smile.

"I-"

"Here."

The boy had grabbed the last book off of the ground and had brushed his hand beneath mine upon returning it to me.

"T-thank you."

I had finally managed to squeeze out words.

His brown eyes pierced mine. Dark hair that resembled the night sky.

Both of us sat there for a brief moment before the boy got up and walked away.

Who was he?

I've never seen him around before. Could he be a third year? Perhaps a second year? I'm only a first year so it's possible. But whoever it is, I want to know more about them.