𝐢𝐢𝐢. きらきら

ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ: ᵗʷⁱⁿᵏˡᵉ

⠀⠀⠀your eyes continued to spill tears even when you tried to force yourself to stop

⠀⠀⠀your eyes continued to spill tears even when you tried to force yourself to stop. it was like your body was out of your control and you hated it. though, one thing came across your mind: you had an unrequited love with someone. but who?

although your eyes were blurry from the tears that somewhat gave a speck of light, you scannned the room you were in. ray had taken you to the bedroom and everyone else came in, worried for you.

while you appreciated the concern, you didn't want them to pity you- the fifteen-year-old girl who got caught up in an unrequited love and she isn't even sure who she has fallen for. she does, however, know that her feelings are absolutely certain about the person though.

letting out a cough from crying so much, the residents in the shelter flinched at your reaction and started panicking. while you calmed them down, you still were pretty paranoid. this was what you had feared. you feared this moment would arrive and now that it did- it haunts you.

"i'm fine, guys. don't worry-"

"y/n, who is it?"

"eh?" you were confused at emma's question. you didn't think she'd be aware of the disease you somehow had caught. while emma is a smart, independent girl, you didn't peg her to be informed about diseases and things medical related. it's either your view of her was wrong or ray had informed her.

emma took a deep breath and reached out to hold your hand, "who is it?" she asked again, her voice quieter this time. gulping your saliva to quench your dry throat, you looked away from her- tears slowly subsiding.

letting out a soft chuckle, you mustered up the courage to answer the orange haired girl, "i don't know."

she perked up at you, her eyes and expression unreadable. "w-what?" she stuttered, completely confused at your response. emma knew about the star tear disease. she knows it. she didn't think she'd witness one again. "are you sure? you just don't wanna tell me because you're embarrassed, right?"

you bit your lower lip, feeling the tears start to well up again. hearing you sniffling, emma had shrunk, feeling guilty. she wanted to help you. she didn't want to experience this again- she hated seeing her sibling suffer because someone couldn't have the capacity to love her back. she hated it.

ray moved away from leaning against the wall and sighed, walking towards your bed. "emma, i'll take care of her," emma's eyes widened at his statement. no, she couldn't let it happen again. she won't let it happen again. after hearing the possibility of death this time, she wasn't going to take any chances of losing another sibling. she had made it this far with them.

"ray. . ." she whispered, clenching her hands into fists. ray knew how emma felt but he thought it was best for them to identify who you have fallen in love with first. emma already had a person in mind but she didn't want to believe it. "i'll take good care of her. i promise." and with that being said, emma hesitated but lead everyone outside the room to leave you and ray alone.

once the door was shut, signaling that everyone had left, ray had heard the all-too-familiar sound of twinkling bells. his expression morphed into that of a pitiful one. oh how he hated seeing you like this. weak, unable to do anything, eyes starting to strain, and. . . sad. if anything, he hated seeing you sad.

ray glanced at your free hand that was clutching the white blanket. you were frustrated. you didn't want their pity. you didn't want to see them worry over you anymore. just, who was this person that had caused you to catch this disease?

without thinking, ray had intertwined his hand with yours. your breath hitched, your, eyes darting over to ray, seeing him have an expression of worry this time. the two of you stayed silent, no words needed to be exchanged. you just wanted to be comforted- to be told that everything will be alright and that this suffering will pass.

you won't have to suffer like this forever, you will make it to the promised neverland. you will have your dream of finding your soulmate. . . though, that's what you wanted to believe, anyways. you knew that love is a complex feeling. it can make you do things you never thought you'd do, it can make you feel things you never thought you'd feel.

everything was slowly falling apart. you didn't want to be a burden to these people and your siblings any longer. you wanted to help.

"i know what you're thinking, y/n and no, i can't risk letting you help us hunt for food," you scoffed out of frustration, wiping the last of your tears, "and why not? i don't want to be a burden anymore, ray." you didn't mean to say his name with venom.

ray flinched at your tone but kept his composure. he wasn't going to risk getting you killed- especially since you're currently weak. "you're not a burden. just. . . please rest and get better. . ." he whispered the last part, causing your face to soften. you glanced at his hand, which was still intertwined with yours, and felt your heart skip a beat.

god, no, this can't be happening, you thought to yourself, biting your lower lip, now knowing who you had fallen for.

"y/n, do you know who it is?" he glanced up at you, locking his eyes with yours. you gulped once more and clutched his hand tighter. you did not want to admit it. this all felt too familiar- like a strange dose of déjà vu.

"i do," you whispered, almost inaudible. he leaned in closer to hear what you said and felt your lips tug up into a sad smile. "can you tell me who?" he asked, staring at your glossy, e/c orbs. you closed your eyes for a moment, hesitating on whether you should tell him.

"i can't. not right now, at least." you finally answered after brief moment of silence to think. ray leaned back on the chair and sighed, running a hand through his hair.

he glanced at your figure, still the same but he knew time was running out if this was all fixed too late. then his eyes darted to both of your hands, still intertwined, and you still clutching his hands tightly, as if you were scared to let go.

a smile graced upon his lips. ray, out of everyone in this shelter, just wanted to see you happy.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

- oh wow, i published
a chapter that was not
420 centuries late.

have this short chapter of
me just writing sappy stuff.
there's some foreshadowing
that will be revealed next
chapter btw :00