8 - The Promise (Old version)

And I'm here! In chapter 8 the promise. Would you keep a promise? Or would you let a queen cut off your head? Heh. Just kidding. Or am I? Enjoy!

 Or am I? Enjoy!

~

Back in the delivery room, right after King Maxwell was forced to get out of the room, Queen Gabriella held Rainie while looking at Sebastian.

"You said you need a word with me, your majesty?" Sebastian questioned.

"Yes. Come here please" she said.

Sebastian bit his lip, removing himself from the wall. He stood in front of her majesty and the princess. "Let me see your wrist" she ordered.

With no question, he gave her his wrist. She gently grabbed her daughter's wrist as well. Queen Gabriella did something to his wrist, Sebastian hissed.

"All right, all done," she said, letting go of his wrist.

He looked down at his wrist, seeing a very pale cross on his wrist. Sebastian looked at her in question. Her expression changed, serious and sad. "Sebastian Manzo, I gave you and Rainie those same marks in case she gets lost" Queen Gabriella explains.

He understands what her majesty was explaining to him. "I understand, your majesty," Sebastian told her truthfully.

She smiled. "Sebastian Manzo, promise me, Queen Gabriella Khloe Calabrese, that you would take your own life to protect Rainie Iris Calabrese as her personal guard" she requested.

Sebastian put his hand on his chest, went on one knee, and said, "I, Sebastian Adrian Manzo, promised to take my own life to protect Princess Rainie Iris Calabrese as her guard."

"Good" Queen Gabriella said, before snapping her fingers.

Both his and the princess's marks glowed brightly. He closed his eyes. Silent. Sebastian slowly opens his eyes while hearing Rainie's cries.

"That's all. You're dismissed" Queen Gabriella said.

Sebastian bowed, before leaving the room. He looked at his wrist, where the mark is. He clenched his fist, and said, "I promise."

Before he hid in the darkness.