Chapter 16

Sofia POV

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that," Arden said after the kiss.

Him saying that made me feel guilty. I felt like I led him on.

"No, no, don't be it's mostly my fault, the moment just," I sighed and looked down, "got the better of me."

"If it makes you feel better, I won't look to much into what happened," he sighed and I knew he was disappointed.

"Arden, don't worry, it's okay," I said, I reached for his shoulder to comfort him.

He sent me a smile to and I knew he's okay.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Arden he said and he looked me in the eyes completely forgetting what happened.

"What?" I asked.

"Our engagement party will be tonight," he said and I was fully aware of it.

"I haven't forgotten, don't worry," I assured him.

"So I'll pick you up at 8?" He asked nervously, he can be a sweetheart sometimes.

"It's a date?" I joked and he smirked.

"An engagement party to be precise," he went along and we laughed at our lines.

"8 it is" I replied.

He stood up and reached his hand hoping that I would take it, and I did.

I know that we couldn't be what he wanted us to be, but him as a friend would be amazing.

I looked at the mirror and saw someone different, not in a bad way. She was matured, still the same but something in her eyes brought out something, and it was something you don't want to mess with.

Over the past few days I've grown, I was not the Sofia from Royal Prep.

I was not Sofia at that time, but now I felt like I earned my name.

Sofia.

"Hey princess," Clover came out.

"Hi Clover," I turned and greeted him.

"Huge party tonight, where is it, cause I don't see fancy tables outside," he said.

"It's my engagement party," I said, "It's in Rethope."

"You marryin' that Arden guy huh?," He hopped closer.

"I don't know, I haven't been giving him a fair play, I always think about Hugo and don't think about all his efforts," I sighed.

"So what do you do now?," he asked and that's where it hit me.

I don't know, if I gave him a chance then shouldn't I be living up to that? 

I feel bad, maybe this night I'll finally let things happen for a change, that's right, forget everything for one night.

I took a deep breath and answered Clover.

"I'll give him a chance," I answered confidently and Clover seemed satisfied with my answer.

______________

Hi guys! I'm sorry to cut in your reading but, I'm suggesting a show that I'd think you'd like.

If you're looking for someone to ship, or just really likes fantasy and adventure, I've got the perfect show for you.

Legend Quest: Masters of Myth out on Netflix

______________

A series of knocks was heard.

"Yes?," I asked loud enough for the other person to hear.

"Princess Sofia, Prince Arden just arrived," and by the sound of that voice I knew it was Baileywick.

"Thank you Baileywick I'll be right out," I said and I took one last look in the mirror.

"Sofia, you can do this," I said to myself.

I made my way to Arden who was quite dashing in his suit I have to say.

"Princess?," he said as soon as he saw me. He held the door for me.

"Quite dashing," I complimented as I sat down.

"Not too shabby yourself," he teased and I giggled ay his response.

"Are you ready?," he asked.

We we're standing in front of the large door, and on the other side was thousands of guests expecting us to get married.

"Yes," I answered hiding the nervousness in my voice, but I guess I couldn't because he held my hand and gave me warm smile that melted me.

I nodded and then the guards opened the door. We walked in with thousands of eyes at us, and I also saw a pair that feels familiar, and they burned through me, making me feel a thousand emotions at once.

"Prince Arden and Prince Sofia," someone introduced us.

I looked at Hugo's way again and saw him with a lady, a lady that I have never seen before. 

I greeted all the guests since it was our engagement party, and then I was about to greet Hugo so I called Arden.

We approached Hugo and his company.

"Prince Hugo, Princess Yasmin, " Arden greeted them and so that's her name, I heard of her, she was the Princess of that one Kingdom who was quite wealthy. It was Pasrain, I think?

"Princess Sofia, Prince Arden," Hugo greeted with a hint of growl in his voice.

Arden took his hand out to offer and handshake and Hugo gave him one but with the stares they we're giving each other and the nerves popping out, I was sure that the way they gripped each other's hand was tight enough to kill a person.