1

Yin left in the middle of the night, that way no one would try to stop him. He had to get away from the tribe, both for his mental and physical health. Vale is the best place for him to go, so that's where he buys a ticket to. With what little possessions he had, Yin boards the transport to Vale.

"Bye, Mom." Yin mumbled to himself.

The ride to Vale was long, it took a day and a half. When he finally got to Vale, Yin felt relieved, he felt...free. He gets a hotel room with some of the money he had saved up. Sitting on the bed, Yin searches the news for job ads, so be can get a job and rent an apartment.

"Ooh, that one looks good...great pay, too." Yin said, circling a job ad for a local coffee shop.

The next day, he goes to the coffee shop and applies for the job. He was the only one to apply and the cafe really needed employees, so he got the job fairly quickly. A couple weeks and Yin has a lovely one bedroom apartment.

"Now that I'm all settled in...it's time to find my sisters, and Dad." Yin said to himself.

Though, Yin was a little afraid to meet his family. He was afraid they'll judge him for being a pacifist, that they'll call him weak for not believing in violence...just like his mother did. But what he's most afraid is that his family won't accept that he's trans, his mother couldn't, she constantly misgenders him and refers to him as her "daughter".

"I just hope they accept me as the man that I am." Yin sighed getting ready for bed.

The next day, Yin gets dressed in his usual attire; a yellow long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a brown faux leather vest with a dark grey hood, brown fingerless gloves, an orange scarf, black jeans, and black and white sneakers. Then he brushes his unruly shoulder length blonde hair and puts it up in a half ponytail. Lastly, he looks at himself in the mirror, checking to see if his chest was flat enough to his liking. He really enjoyed the new binder he had, it was better than the other one he had, which was cheap and uncomfortable...like a piece of cardboard duct taped around his body.

"Gods, what am I supposed to say to them?" Yin said to himself.

All Yin knew of his father and sisters was that they lived in Patch, a small island off of Vale. So, when he got there, he would have to ask around to find out where their house was. But what was he supposed to do once he got there? Would they even believe him? When Yin finally found the house his family lived in, he hesitates outside the door, trying to gather the courage to knock. Before he could knock, the door suddenly opens.

"Oh! Um, hi. Do you...need something, kid?" asked a man, Yin just knew was Taiyang Xiao Long, his father.

"I...I-I...uh...need to tell you something important." Yin replied.

Yin, then calmly and carefully explains that he is Yang's twin brother.

"I'm not surprised, that does sound like something Raven would do. Are you alright? Does she know you're here?" Tai asked him.

"Yeah, I'm alright, and she most likely does know I'm here, but it's not like she would care. She stopped caring about me a long time ago." Yin told his father.

"Come inside, I'm sure Ruby and Yang would love to meet their brother." Tai said.

Yin follows Tai into the house and sits in the living room.

"Yang! Ruby! Come here!" Tai called out.

Two girls come down the stairs, followed by a cute little dog. The one with the red cloak and the silver eyes was clearly Ruby, and the one with blonde hair and lavender eyes was obviously Yang.