2

A/N: Warning: this chapter contains a bit of transphobia.

Today, Yin wasn't really feeling all that well, so he called into work sick. Thinking back, Yin remembers serving a customer that looked like death warmed over, and figured that he caught whatever they had. Burrowing under the covers, Yin lets out a pitiful groan; he absolutely hated being sick. In the tribe, sickness equaled weakness, and weakness was unacceptable. So, of course he didn't even consider calling his sisters or father for some help; cause Yin didn't know that it was normal for sick people to be taken care of. Before Yin lets sleep reclaim him, he makes sure to take his testosterone. Then, he crawls back under the covers and practically passes out. While asleep, Yin spikes a high fever and vaguely remembers hallucinating about a giant ketchup and mustard bottle talking to him before falling back into a fitful sleep. The next time he wakes, it's to a cold rag being placed on his head.

"Yang...?" Yin said seeing his twin sister leaning over him.

"Hey, sleepyhead, how ya feeling?" Yang asked him.

"What are you doing here?" Yin replied, trying and failing to sit up in bed.

"Making sure your brain doesn't fry like a potato. Why didn't you say anything to anyone about you being sick? If you had, it probably wouldn't have gotten this bad." Yang replied, not all that happy.

"How bad am I?" Yin asked coughing.

"Well, when Ruby and I got here at around five, you had a fever over 103 and you were completely delirious. You legit thought Ruby and I were bottles of ketchup and mustard! We gave you some medicine and then you fell back asleep. It's six now, and your fever barely changed. If you hadn't woke up just now, I would've hauled your a** to the hospital." Yang told him.

"I...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to burden you guys." Yin mumbled.

"Oh. My. F**king. Gods! I'm gonna tell you what I tell Uncle Qrow every time he says this kind of sh*t. You are not a burden!" Yang scolded her brother.

"So, forget whatever bullsh*t Mom and the tribe put in your head. You are our family and family takes care of each other, period!" she added raising her voice.

"Yang, lower your volume. You'll give him a headache." Ruby said coming into the bedroom carrying a bowl of tomato soup and rice.

She sets the bowl on the nightstand and helps Yin sit up in bed.

"Don't worry, Yang is only yelling because she loves you and was worried about you. She's very protective of her family." Ruby said as she pulled Yin's hair into a ponytail to keep his hair out of his face.

"Here, eat this, you haven't eaten all day." she added handing him the bowl of food.

"Thank you...both of you." Yin said shyly.

"You're welcome, bro." Ruby replied kissing his cheek.

"Eat up so we can give you some more medicine and then you need to rest." Yang said patting Yin's head.

When Yin finished the food Ruby made for him, Yang gives him medicine then lays him back down and tucks him in.

"Go to sleep, Rubes and I will be in the living room if you need us." Yang said.

"Wait, don't you guys need to go back to the dorm?" Yin replied.

"We're staying here for the night to make sure you're okay." Yang answered.

"We can't just leave you all alone while you're sick." Ruby said as if it was obvious.

During the night, Yin's fever broke, and he was feeling a lot better in the morning. He didn't quite know how to feel about how caring his sisters were...it wasn't something he was used to. When Yin was back on his feet, he went back to work. A week later, on his way home from work, Yin runs into team RWBY in town. Though as he got closer to them, he saw that Weiss and Blake was arguing about something while his sisters stood awkwardly to the side.