Chapter 19

He took his jacket of and I stared in shock. I ran my fingers over the many cuts and bruises along both arms. "nath, what happened" I asked him. "nothing, I just fell over and cut them" he told me looking at me.
"You can't get bruises and scratches on both arms this bad by just falling over, this looks like you've been punched and scratched by someone" I said very clearly.

"Well I haven't, the scratches are from my cat and the bruises are from were I fell" he told me looking down.
"Sykes, I know you're lying, I'm not stupid, just tell me what happened" I said rubbing the non bruised part of his arm.

"I cant" he told me quietly.
I lifted his chin up so he was looking at me. "you know you can tell me anything" I said. "I can't, because you will think I'm weak and you won't love me and them I'll just be lonely for the rest of my life" he said.

I leaned in a kissed him. "of course I won't think you're weak and I will always love you no matter what happens" I told him. he nodded.

"Dionne" he said. "What?" I asked. "Dionne did this" he added.
"What, why, she's meant to be your girlfriend" I said shocked.

"I know, I tried to break up with her last week and she grabbed my arm and started digging her nails into my skin and cut me, a few days ago I was talking about you to her and she punched me in the side. yesterday she hit me again because she said that if I ever cheated on her that's what would happened and today she hit me again and said that if she saw that I was with you while she's in America that I would suffer the consequences" he explained nearly in tears.

I hugged him as he cried. I pulled him close to me and lay back on the bed so his head was on my chest. then I realised. he's cheated on her with me.

"But nath, you've just cheated on her, by kissing me" I told him.

"I know but I had to tell you the truth and I was kind of hoping you would help me break up with her without getting hurt" he chuckled awkwardly.

"Well, when she comes back from America we will both go over to her house and you can do it then, she wouldn't do anything while I'm there" I told him and he nodded.

"I love you so much" he whispered against my lips.
"I love you more" I whispered back.