He Still Isn't Over You; 26 (Beth)

"So you still haven't talked to Derek?" Witney asked with sympathy. Clearly she knew what our relationship status was at this point because not only was she my best friend, but she was now dating Mark.
"I don't want to talk to him."
She nodded but frowned a bit. "I'm sorry this happened to you."
"I don't even know what happened honestly. I just had a feeling in my gut that it wasn't going to work."
"Well as long as you are happy with your decision."
I nodded and sipped my drink.
"When does Dancing start back up?"
"We find out our partners in about 2 weeks."
It was now March. I haven't spoken to Derek since the night we ended things. I was currently in the process of recording a new album, and creating my summer line at Aeropostale.
"I think I'm gonna come to the first show. To support you and the others." I smiled at her.
"That would be great. Apparently we're getting upgraded trailers, so that's exciting."
"Awe I seriously miss that show. I'm hoping they'll do an all star show soon. I could have a chance of being on it."
"Anyone has a chance."
We laughed and stood up, leaving Starbucks and walking into the rest of the mall.
"So any other stores you wanna check out?"
"How about Victoria's Secret?" I asked.
"Sure, why not."
We walked towards Victoria's Secret and chatted about little things such as my album and her dancing tour.
"Witney! Babe!"
We both turned around and my heart stopped. Mark was walking towards us with Derek at his side. I slowly stepped closer to Witney and she noticed my stillness.
"Relax." She whispered.
"Hey baby." Mark smiled and kissed Witney softly, and then hugged her.
"Hey. What are you guys doing here?" She asked them, mostly looking at Mark.
"Wanted to get out of the house."
I glanced over at Derek who looked at me at the same time. I immediately looked down at my feet.
"Well, we have a couple more stores to hit up so I'll just see you later tonight, okay?"
Mark smiled and nodded, hugging her.
"Bye Beth! Good to see you." He hugged me and smiled. I looked over at Derek who was hugging Witney. He looked over at me and I froze. I backed up slowly. Witney noticed and we took off in the other direction after she waved to Mark. I sighed and looked over at her.
"You okay?" She asked, rubbing my shoulder.
"Yeah, I just had to get away from him."
"Beth-"
"Don't Witney."
"You didn't even let him tell you what happened. And by the look on his face today, he still isn't over you."
"Well, he'll have a new partner soon to swoon over."
"Beth, Derek isn't coming back as a pro."
I stopped. "Why not?"
"He told me that he was retiring. He's gonna be a part of the show but not as a dancer."
I took a deep breath and reached for my keys in my purse.
"I have to go, I have a meeting at 4:30."
She nodded and hugged me right.
"I'll see you soon."
"Bye Witney." I smiled and walked away to the Macy's entrance. Stopping to take pictures with some fans, I hugged them and then made my way to my car. Once inside, I pulled my hair back. Why was he having such an effect on me? I'm supposed to be over him.
~~~~
"Beth?"
I moved into the living room and smiled at my sister who had Marin with her.
"Hey."
"Thank you for watching her tonight. I know it was last minute-"
"Don't worry about it. I don't mind it."
She smiled and rubbed my arm before handing Marin to me.
"You okay? You look down."
"I saw Derek today."
Her smiled faded. "Awe Beth."
"It's okay. I'm okay. Go, have fun. We'll be here in the morning."
"Alright." She smiled warmly and turned to Marin. "Bye baby! Love you."
"Love you." She mumbled, already playing with my hair.
Brittney smiled and walked out the door.
"Beth!" Marin smiled and I put her down. She ran to the living room where I had her toys and started playing with them. Another knock on the door tore my eyes away from her and I laughed, thinking Britt forgot something. Opening the door, I let out a laugh before feeling my heart stop. Derek.
~~~~~
Sorry it took so long to update 😫 I was having the worst writers block. But I hope you all enjoyed!!! Feedback is appreciated. ☺️☺️