Warmth

Sophie didn't understand. She turned to face Sandor hoping he had more of an idea than she did. What if I took too long and Keefe left? She pushed the thought away, I mean where would he go? Maybe to Everglen? It seemed unlikely at this hour. Maybe he went to Candleshade? Although he hated it there so that wouldn't make any sense either.
Why would he leave his room anyway? UGH! 

Sandor interrupted her thoughts, "If the boy isn't-"
She cut him off, correcting him, "Keefe."
He cleared his throat before starting again. "If Keefe isn't here there is no reason for us to be here, Miss Foster." he put his hands behind his back, waiting for her to argue as he knew she would.
"I'm not... We're not leaving until I make sure he's okay." Sophie's voice almost gave out in the last few words. 
Sandor grumbled in response. "Then perhaps we should check elsewhere for him?"
But where?

     Sophie slowly walked over to Keefe's bed and let out a long huff of breath before flopping down. She reached over to pull Mrs. Stinkbottom to her chest. She closed her eyes. Giving herself a moment to take everything in, to think..
Contrary to her name Mrs.Stinkbottom smelled better than Sophie expected, taking in small slow breaths Sophie was filled with a mix of citrus and ginger. There was something calming about the smell. She could almost feel herself drifting into a light sleep. She had forgotten how tired she was before Keefe had hailed her. She knew she had to get up, to look for Keefe or just so she wouldn't fall asleep but she couldn't get her body to lift off the bed. The bed was soft, radiating a warmth that was almost inviting. She noted that the bed smelled like fresh lavender, Sophie assumed Keefe had also washed his sheets and blankets for possibly the first time ever. The tears resting on her cheek didn't match the smile forming on her mouth. She was distraught, but something about this bed helped. She could have laid there for hours just letting the lavender scent lull her to sleep, but she knew she had to get up and find Keefe.

As if on cue, Sandor cleared his throat.
"Just give me a minute.." Sophie mumbled in response. She let out a breath, giving herself time to think of where he could have gone. OH! of course! Sophie couldn't believe she hadn't thought about the swing. Of course that's where he was, he always went to the swing when he needed to think or just needed fresh air.
Sophies' eyes fluttered open and she perked up, "He's probably at the swi-" She stopped short as she looked toward the doorway where she had assumed Sandor would be.

"Comfortable, Forster?" His ice blue eyes looked almost playful, matching the smirk that seemed permanently fixed on his face. Sophies' cheeks burned more than ever before as she shot Sandor a glare for not warning her.

He muffled a laugh and took his place outside of Keefe's room.

"So.." Keefe said, still not taking a single step into his room, still looking at Sophie in a far too playful way. She reached up to pull out an eyelash, wiping away any stray tears left on her cheeks, Keefe's smile faulted for a split second, when it returned.. it didn't quite meet his eyes. 

     She opened her mouth to speak before realizing she didn't know what to say. She took in Keefe, he looked different but she couldn't place her finger on why.

     Keefe opened his mouth to speak again but  was interrupted by Ro, "Are you just going to stand here all day or are you going to join our little bombshell blondie on your bed?" Keefe shot Ro a pointed look and she just rolled her eyes.
Sophie ignored Ro's teasing compliment, she hadn't even noticed Ro sitting at his desk, but I guess she didn't notice a lot of things in these past few minutes.
     Sophie could feel her stomach turning into knots, she jumped up off of the bed, knocking Mrs.Stinkbottom into the floor. Keefe laughed as she mumbled an apology and bent down to pick her up. "You don't have to be nervous, Foster." he put one of his hands on his stomach, while fanning the air with his other. "I don't know how you handle these feelings on a daily basis, I would never be able to keep any food down. But really, what are you doing here?" His brow furrowed in confusion