Chapter 7

Tsunades pov

I stood there. Hes dead."Thank you very much. You may go," I whispered. Tears were pricking in the corners of my eyes. "Jiraiya," I whispered as the tears were now falling. "That fool". All the memories we have shared throughout our lives hit me like a ton of bricks. My shoulders are now shaking. "What am I gonna do without you my friend." Then a small thought runs through my mind. "Whats Naruto going to do without you." I straighten my back and stiffen my shoulders. "I got to stay strong for Naruto." I continue walking over to his room, collecting myself on the way.

Time skip 2 hours

Kakashis pov

 It was now nighttime. Everyone has left the hospital now but I couldn't bring myself to leave. I had to do what I couldn't do before. I had to keep him safe. I must protect him. I grabbed a chair and pulled it up to where Naruto was facing since my feet were giving out. I analyzed his face. It was calm. He looked like he was at peace. I sighed and leaned back closing my eyes letting the darkness. Well that was what happened until I heard the rustling of sheets. I opened my eyes to see Narutos hands clutching the sheets below him. His face changing from one of peace to one of fear. Small groans came from the boy, progressively getting louder. By now I'm trying to wake him up. "Come on Naruto you gotta wake up. Come its just a nightmare. Wake up. Hes now screaming while he maneuvers his body roughly. "STOP STOP. IM SORRY. I DIDNT HURT ANYONE. ITS NOT MY FAULT. NO P-PLEASE STOP. I did the only thing I could think of to wake him. I reached my hand over to his bruise on his ribs and jabbed him. Not to hard but just hard enough to make him feel slight pain. He opened his eyes in fear and tried to sit up only to fall back down in pain. He was now sweating and breathing heavy. I lowered my face to meet his eyes.

"Hey. Hey. Naruto look at me." His eyes meet my gaze but then began to travel else where. I cup his face, making his gaze only match mine." Look at me. Your ok. No ones gonna hurt you. Just look at me. Your fine. Your safe. 

His tense body relaxed, as he slowly started to close his eyes. " Thank you" he whispers as he fell right back to sleep.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair as he slept once again. 'How can I sleep if he is going to have nightmares. I can't sleep while he's living in constant fear.

I leaned back into my chair, pulling out my book, not focusing on the words but only on Narutos condition. After about an hour, I get up to go find Narutos MRI results. I walk off glancing at him once more, contemplating whether leaving was the right choice. I turn away going to Tsunandes office. 

I exit the hospital, walking as quickly as I could, wanting to go back to Naruto as soon as possible.  I arrived at the hokages office, slipping in silently. 

"Kakashi." I jump as i heard the voice of Tsunade from behind me. "Oh hey. Im just looking for Narutos MRI results." I said wrapping my arms together. 

"How bout instead of you trying to figure out whats going on in the image, I just explain to you you," she smiles. I give a chuckle and nod my my head. She pulls out the results and places them on a table.

"See the five random white lines that are scattered around here," she says while tracing her finger around his broken rib. I nod my head as she continues speaking. "Well whatever happened to him broke his rib in three different places and 5 bone fragments are now stuck in his muscles. " We are going to do surgery at 4:00 AM on Tuesday" 

I stand up straighter, looking her in the eyes. "How long will it take and what are the risks" She smiled. "They surgery can take any amount of time. It depends how easy the bone fragments are to get to. The only risk are if one of us cuts a nerve." I tense up at this comment only to be comforted by Tsunade.

 "But, I will have only the best of the medical professional helping me on this surgery." I smile in gratitude giving her something I don't do often. 

I slowly wrap my arms around her torso and rest my head on shoulder. "Thank you" I say just loud enough for her to hear.

She smiles and puts her arms around me as well. "Of course." But then I was slowly parted away from the hokage and was meet with a troubled face. "Tsunade. Whats wrong?"

"Kakashi. I worried about how I'm going to tell Naruto this. He's already so broken. I don't think that he can take it but he has to know." Tsunade, what does he have to know?"She raised her gaze to meet mine. "Jiraiya died."

My face flushed. Not just finding out the death but of my friend but the fact that Naruto has just lost his god father. His sensei. Part of his family. I

I stood there at a lost for words. I tried to come up with something but nothing was coming out.

"I know that it would be wrong not to tell him but i dont think i can bring myself to tell him." Tsunade said voice cracking slightly.

Finally I found a few words. Not many but just enough. Not to powerful but just the right amount of meaning.

"I will do it. I will do it but I think you should be there. All his family should be there. I wont tell him just yet but when he gets a little bit better."

"Thank you" Tsunade whispered, head down and shoulders shaking. "Thank you"

Hey yall sorry for not posting in a while. Imma try and finish this before highschool starts but thanks for reading. Please vote and comment. Love yall

-Gracie