You're Like a Piece of Art [MICHAENG]

Mina doesn't know what she's looking at exactly. Actually, she does know what she's looking at, she just doesn't understand the big deal. Like, it's a bunch of colorful squares and rectangles? She thinks she's absolutely capable of painting that, and she doesn't even consider herself an artist, so yeah, pay her whatever they're paying these "abstract" artists. Whatever that means.

Mina's spending her Friday night in an off shoulder red dress at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Seoul instead of catching up on sleep like she had planned. The museum is holding an exclusive exhibit for the weekend that features several works from known artists around the world. Not that Mina actually knows any of them.

Sana, her best friend since she came to Korea from Japan, had scored passes for the event from the sister-in-law of her friend's girlfriend's cousin? Mina lost track after sister-in-law to be honest

Sana, her best friend since she came to Korea from Japan, had scored passes for the event from the sister-in-law of her friend's girlfriend's cousin? Mina lost track after sister-in-law to be honest. Sana knows way too many people, and she's related to like half of South Korea, so who knows?

Anyway, Sana had gotten these passes and had planned to surprise her ex-girlfriend, who is an artist, mysterious, lying, cheating, S.O.B. type apparently. After finding her ex in a very compromising position with some wench in their previously shared apartment, Sana had immediately broken it off and proceeded to get over her by getting under as many people as she could, until she got over that too, and now she's sort of just wallowing in self-pity.

So, Mina, because she's the greatest best friend in the world, naturally, offered to go with her to the stupid exhibit anyway in hopes of cheering up her best friend, and maybe even get lucky with some hot-shot artist who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars painting blobs.

Well, now she's kind of regretting her decision. She loves Sana, she really does, but is everyone who attends exhibits just naturally boring or does she just have to widen her perspective?

--

Chaeyoung is in heaven. She thinks this must be where starving artists lay their brushes down and go to die. She's surrounded by incredible pieces that range from hundreds of years old to decades to within the last few years. There are pieces from the classic Van Gogh and Warhol, to newer pieces by Philippe Parreno, and her personal favorite, Weiwei. She's convinced she'd actually died and gone to art paradise.

She'd gotten a hold of a pass for this exclusive exhibit from Tzuyu, her best friend, and who, by the way, was already Chaeyoung's favorite person in the world before she'd given her the pass, but now undoubtedly and solely owns the small girl's heart.

And because the universe is being extra kind today, the exhibit just so happens to have Piet Mondrian's Tableau I on loan from Museum Ludwig in Germany.

Chaeyoung is absolutely ecstatic. She's been having kind of an artist's block lately and there's nothing like one of the greatest pieces in abstract history to inspire her. Mondrian's Tableau I is a math-based geometric perfection that brings colors and lines and absolute arithmetic precision to life and Chaeyoung can't wait to see it in person.