Chapter 3

The next couple of days where hard for me. The scratches started to get infected. "How are you doing?" My grandmother asked me. "Awful, the scratches hurt when you don't touch them, and they hurt worse when you do touch them." I complained. "Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" Asked my grandmother. I hated going to the hospital, its the last place I want to be on a saturday. But the scratches hurt so bad I just said "Sure."

The hospital smelled disgusting. Like the medicine that taste so gross you don't want to swallow it. It was as cold as it was outside. 1 hour later the doctor finally said it was my turn. The doctor was a women, i'd say around 45 or 50.

"The scratches are infected" said the doctor "I'm pretty sure the animal had rabies, could i get rabies from a scratch?" I asked "No, unless it licked its paw before scratching you."

The doctor cleaned my scratches, and put medicine on it. Finally i got to go home. But strangely and randomly i remembered Brian. I remembered his eyes. A green/brown/blue color, but it they looked mostly green.

"Are you ok?" My grandmother asked me. I snapped out of my day dream and answered "Yeah, I'm ok. Why?" I asked "You kinda looked like you where miles and miles from earth." She replied "I'm fine." I insisted "Ok." My grandmother said

When we finally got home Bailey was sitting on the couch watching Tv. "Hey" she said to me and my grandmother. "Hi" my grandmother said. I just walked to my room and went to bed. It wasn't even 6:00 pm and i was so tired i slept till 10:00 am the next morning.

I didn't know what to do today. I was SOOOOOOOO bored, i felt like i was gonna die. The horses were outside ready for breakfast. But there was something outside, something i have been waiting for all year. "It snowed!!!" I shouted "I know thats what i've been trying to tell you all morning!" Shouted my little sister "Well i didn't hear you!" I shouted back.

I walked into the kitchen and saw bailey and my grandmother cleaning the dishes. They had already eaten breakfast with out me. "Is there any food left?" I asked "No sorry, bailey ate your breakfast." My grandmother answered. "Bailey!" I yelled "What? I'm a big eater!" She replied.

I was so hungry i decided i'd have some left overs from last nights dinner. After that i showered and got dressed.

I didn't know if it was a good idea to go into the forest, but i thought since the big cat that attacked me was dead, i could go into the woods.

As i was walking to the door i noticed my grandmother and sister were packing. "Where are you going?" I asked confused "Where going to visit grandfather in the hospital in new york." Answered bailey. We live in Utah so new york is over 2,000 miles away! "We're going to spend christmas in NewYork." My grandmother told me "Am i coming?" I asked "No. You need to stay here and take care of the animals." Bailey said to me "Thats not fair!" I complained "I'm sorry but all the neighbors are too busy to take care of the animals." My grandmother said "I'm gonna be all alone on christmas?" I asked "You could invite Brian over." Bailey suggested "I don't even have his phone number." I said "Oh yeah, sorry." Bailey said.

After they left i decided i wouldn't go on a walk in the forest. So i sat on the couch and watched Tv. I didn't really have any friends so there was no one to invite over. Ten minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I was curious about who it could be, because the only neighbor we know is Mr. Tucker, and he is away for the week.

I walked to the door sort of slowly. When i opened the door i saw Brian standing there with his hand in his pockets. He was wearing blue jeans and a green t-shirt. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked "Just came to see if you and your sister where ok." He answered "I'm fine thanks, and my sister and grandmother are going to NewYork." I said "Oh ok. So your home alone?" He asked "Yep." I answered "can i come in?" He asked "umm sure." I answered.

"So do you live around here?" I asked "Yes i do i live with my uncle Joseph Tucker."he answered "Your uncle is Mr. Tucker? He never mentioned you before." I said "Yeah, he doesn't really like me very much." He said "Oh." I said "So how are the scratches?" He asked "they hurt a lot, but not as much as they did a couple of days ago." I replied "Ok. Can i see?"he asked "Ummm i guess." I answered i lifted the back of my shirt high enough for the scratches to be seen. He sighed and put my shirt back down. "They look like they're healing pretty fast." He said "Good. I cant wait till they're gone." I replied.