Chapter 21. Epilogue

They congregated high on a flat, overlooking the cliffs against the deep ocean background, waiting for the ceremony to begin. It was a miracle they could drive up there. They'd all piled into the backs of 4X4 pickup trucks and then hiked a bit.

There was no decorated arch. She said she wanted nothing artificial ruining the landscape's natural beauty. It was another miracle she allowed them to set up chairs. The decorations consisted of an abundance of strategically placed wildflowers native to the area.

Jacob stood, fidgeting by the flowered arrangements in front the familiar crowd of local guests. He was already sweating, making him itchy and even more impatient. All they needed now was the blushing bride, and they could get the show on the road. Jacob ran his fingers under his collar as he glanced up at the sky. Everything looked precisely as it should.

She'd planned this for an entire year, almost exactly to the day of the proposal. The season had to be the same to get the very image she desired. Free from overcast, so a person could see the clear sky, which was a feat. They had all been on standby for the past month and a half. She chose early sunset as the time of day for the perfect outcome. 

A lot of planning and weather watching went into the ceremony. She was certain she could pull it off. The rest of them weren't as confident. Her mom rented the ballroom at the resort for the reception and secretly made them decorate it for the wedding just in case it rained. She'd kill them if she ever found that out.

To the west glowed the sun. The sky was fiery amber weaved with several shades of lavender. The east held the moon, nearly full, surrounded by a pale and a darker dim blue. That was the biggy. She wanted to see the sun and the moon sharing the sky, each showcasing their individual beauty and wonder on opposite ends of the spectrum. That's the way it was when she said yes.

Jacob had to give it to those girls. They knew what they were doing for planning the day of their dreams.

The horse-drawn carriage arrived, and Brady and Collin eagerly performed their duties with honor. Holding their hands out, they elegantly escorted the bride down from the carriage. Her brother stepped down. They latched arms and walked down the aisle. He looked so proud to be giving her away. He fulfilled his father's responsibility perfectly.

The Quileute singers gathered around the drum, singing Harry's favorite Quileute celebration song in their native tongue.

The stars shined from her eyes as she approached the front of the section outlined for the occasion. She was mesmerizing in all her beauty and radiance. Jacob turned to look at the groom.

River gaped at her, stunned as she approached. "Wow," he uttered, gulping.

He had to be the luckiest man in the world, Jacob thought. No. Wait a minute, Jacob was. His eyes combed over Raven. She smiled at him unaware of what she did every time she looked at him that way. He knew nobody should outshine the bride on her wedding day, but he had to admit Raven was still the most gorgeous girl, even without trying.

He bet River would disagree. Glancing at the audience and glimpsing his boys with their girls, he laughed to himself, realizing Paul would disagree, so would Jared, and so would Sam.
Sam! Scanning him, he saw on his expression this was a little tough for him. Not that his heart hurt or anything, but just knowing Leah once belonged to him and if things were different, or should he say, if things had stayed the same, it might be Sam who stood beside him for such an occasion. He had his sweetheart Emily though, and all was well.

Jacob sucked down a yawn. It sure was funny how things worked out. His mind drifted to the night he discovered Raven was his imprint, and what Billy had to say about it.