Chapter 3

Lorenzo's Point Of View

"So what's her deal? I won't lie but she seemed pretty scared of you."
Adrian asked me as he chewed on an apple.

I had left Emery with the pack doctor so that she could check her for any past neglect and also fix up her wounds. Unlike most werewolves that heal fast, Emery wasn't healing at all. She still had scars from Goddess knows how long ago and when I saw each and every one of them- my heart broke.

"She won't talk to me. We had a moment in the woods but she was so hellbent on getting away from me. She avoids me like the plague or that human virus Covid or something."

"Damn dude that's tough. Try talking to her like whenever she wakes up. Tell her that you want the best for her or something- look I don't know okay. I haven't even found my own mate yet, but just keep going bro. You'll get there at some point." At some point in his mini rant, Adrian realised he wasn't cut out to give advice so he just left the topic.

"Adrian I sometimes wonder if you're secretly a teacher, with all those not motivating motivational talks you give me." I try take our minds off of the sick state of our Luna; my mate. She had to heal fast else I'd seriously go crazy- I can literally hear my wolf pacing around in my mind and it's only heightening my anxiety.

"Haha and what if I am?" Adrian smiled like a Cheshire Cat and I was thankful for him playing around too instead of leading us back to the matter at hand.

But no amount of messing about by Adrian could take my mind off of the mate of mine who was laying in a hospital bed as we spoke. I trust all the doctors at the pack hospital but I was thankful my baby sister Gigi had offered to stay with Emery.
My sister Gigi had recently come back to our pack- well not exactly recently but just over a year and a half ago because her mate rejected her. Absolute d!ckhead, he's just lucky I haven't killed him yet. The only reason he's alive is because Gigi pleaded with me not to go and kill  him on the spot. Else the Moon Goddess knows that I would've killed him on sight.

He still calls often, begging me to tell him where Gigi is but I act as if I don't know either. I haven't told Gigi yet that he does regularly call because he's the reason she's so upset. He's the reason she hates herself so much. If it wasn't for her son and my nephew Anaximander- I don't want to know what would've been the outcome of Gigi being rejected. Anaximander gave her a new reason to live. Oh and Gigi's mate, Balaj, didn't know Anaximander existed. I think Gigi might've told him before she left but I'm not too sure. Anyways, the point was he rejected my baby sister and potentially my nephew. So he's a right b!tch.

I'm very protective of my siblings- I was the second oldest until my older brother went missing eighteen years ago when I was just six years old and he was eight years old. We searched for him for many years until my father made the tough decision to stop the search efforts. After sixteen years of tirelessly searching, the search efforts were brought to a halt. I still remember him, my older brother Dalton. My mother always says we have the same smile.

Anyways as a result of that, I only became more protective of my other siblings; Leila, Jacob and Gigi. Leila found her mate two years ago and now she's settled in with him in his pack. I think he's a beta? Jacob has yet to find his mate so dad gave him the pack role that would let him travel the most. The more he travelled the higher the chances of him finding his mate were.

I searched long and far for my sweet Emery but the Moon Goddess is ironic in every single way possible. Here I was- searching for Emery in practically every pack there was only for her to randomly come running to me one day in such an unexpected manner.