5

After 16 long hours of sleeping and fooling around with Kwame, I stepped off the jet planting my feet on American soil

After 16 long hours of sleeping and fooling around with Kwame, I stepped off the jet planting my feet on American soil. I took a deep breath in almost coughing as the air filled my lungs.

"What is that smell?" I asked to no one in particular.

"That would be the smell of pollution, Princess." Kwame said stepping off the jet with my belongings.

"Is it always this humid out here?" I asked.

"In this city, yes it is." He told me.

My hair is going to hate it here.

I nodded in response before looking around at everything. We had gotten here early so the sun hadn't even risen yet.

A car pulled up and Kwame put my things inside. After that, he handed me two sets of keys and a credit card.

"This is where I leave you. In your hand are the keys to this vehicle and the keys to your apartment. The address to both of your destinations has been programmed in already." Kwame informed me.

"Thank you."

"Also, your father has paid off the apartment but don't forget when you need to come back. Stay safe, Zenouia will miss you." He said bowing before me.

I rolled my eyes before making him stand up.

"I'll miss you." I told him wrapping my arms around his neck.

He leaned in making our lips connect, our tongues connected shorty after. I pulled away before it got too heated.

"I love you and I'll be back soon." I said climbing into the car. I watched him wave as I made my way through this city.

I followed the directions to my apartment so I could get myself settled in.

***

The line rung as I waited for Sarai to answer my facetime call.

"You made it!" She said once she answered.

"Yes I've been here for maybe six hours. Took a shower and a nap now I'm getting ready to go." I told her.

"Okay let me see the outfit." She said. I stood in front of my body length mirror and flipped the camera.

"How do I look?" I asked after she didn't say anything.

"Like a princess. You need to look more American, I'll send you some pictures." She told me going on pause.