Stormy Night

He sat in the closet hiding from his inevitable doom. He knew when she found him he wouldn't survive. He didn't know how much more he could take. He gripped the gun tighter in his grasp. He waited until the footsteps got closer. She opened the door he aimed and fired. He ran out of the room and out the door. Soon he was on the streets running through the rain. He ran and ran until he got to a familiar door. He knocked on the door. Soon a familiar face opened the door. The person looked at him and quickly moved to let him in. "What's wrong? What's going on? Why are you soaking wet? Did you run all the way here?" The person asked looking him up and down. "First before you answer any questions let's dry you off and get you some dry clothes to wear." The person said leading him to a room. The person grabbed some dry clothes and handed them to him. "Here put these on I'll help you." "Thank you, Axel." He said taking the clothes. "Your welcome, Kailynn." Axel said helping Kailynn get out of his wet clothes and into dry clothes. "What happened?" Axel asked Kailynn after he had gotten him all dressed and dried off. "She came back." Kailynn said. Axel knew what that meant. "Did she hurt you? When did she come back?" Axel asked looking as if he was ready to go over there and kill her. "She came back a few days ago. She locked me in the closet." Kailynn told Axel. "How did you get out?" Axel asked. "I had put a gun in there when she was gone." Kailynn said leaning into Axel. "Did you....?" Axel started to ask. Kailynn looked up at him and nodded his head yes. He knew what Axel was gonna ask. "Are you OK Kailynn?" Axel asked wrapping his arms around him and holding him close to his chest. "Yeah I think so." Kailynn said curling up further into Axel. Axel and Kailynn had been best friends since they were toddlers. They did everything together they knew everything about each other. They were both very protective of the other. They always fought for each other no matter what. They cared about the other more than they cared about themselves. They would give their life for the other. Most people thought that they were dating, and others wonder why they weren't dating yet. They were almost always together. They sat there for a long while. "Hey wanna watch a movie or play a game?" Axel asked Kailynn. Kailynn looked at him for a min thinking and then said, "How about a movie." They got their favorite movie popped some popcorn, and watch movies all night long till the sun came up. Kailynn was all cuddled up against Axel asleep. Axel decided that he should get some sleep as well. He picked up Kailynn and carried him to his room and laid down on the bed with him and went to sleep holding Kailynn in his arms very protectively. He kissed the top of Kailynn's head before passing out.

Kailynn woke up in Axel's arms feeling very safe and warm. Axel wasn't awake yet so Kailynn just cuddled up more into his arms and relished in the warmth. Not that long later Axel woke up and looked down at Kailynn who was cuddled up into his chest. Kailynn opened his eyes and looked at Axel. "Good morning, or should I say afternoon." Kailynn said with a chuckle. Half the day was already gone it was now around lunch time. "Good morning. Want some breakfast, or should I say lunch?" Axel asked chuckling a little as well. They both got up and went to the kitchen to make some food. They turned on the TV onto the news. "Last night around midnight there was a shooting in one of the apartment buildings downtown on Main Street." The TV news reporter said. Axel and Kailynn looked at each other and knew exactly what the reporter was talking about. "The apartment belong to the Doyle's. Mrs. Doyle was found in the lobby of the apartment building with a gunshot wound. She is in critical condition but is looking to have a full recovery. Her son Seth Doyle was not found and is suspected to be the one who let out the shot that put Mrs. Doyle in critical condition. Reports say that he was last seen leaving the apartment complex. His location is unknown. Reports say he was armed when he left the apartment Complex. If anyone has any information of the where about of Seth Doyle they are to report it immediately." A picture of Kailynn was put up on the TV it was an old picture and the only picture of him anywhere. It was of when he was wearing a wig and dress one time for prom when he was dared to do so. The picture didn't look like him at all. No one would ever be able to recognize him from the picture. The night before he was wearing a baggy hoodie with the hood pulled up covering his face and baggy pants. So no one would recognize him from the night before either. Axel and Kailynn looked at each other. "Your staying here." Axel said looking at Kailynn not giving him anyway to reject staying with him. "Anyway want lunch?" Axel asked handing Kailynn a plate of food. Kailynn took the plate of food and sat down to eat. They sat there for a while eating and talking about what had happened the night before. They finished their food and got up and washed the dishes together. They decided to just chill on the couch watching TV.