Chapter 1

Skylar Rose Johnson:

"Sitting here, all alone. Watching the snow fall." I sing as Cass plays my guitar. I shove my hands in my pockets, trying to warm them as I keep singing.

I glance at Cass and see her starting to slow with the strumming. Her hands were cold too. I stop singing and the crowd stays silent. I look at the silent crowd and take the guitar and put it away. The crowd starts to disappear as I get up.

"Come on Cass. Let's go." I whisper and she nods and gets up.

"Sorry." Cass says and I shake my head.

"Don't be. We did good today." I murmur and walk inside Starbucks with her. I walk to the counter and order two hot chocolates with whipped cream and pay the cashier. I glance over at Cass and see her staring out the window as the snow falls. I sigh and take the receipt and stand at the other counter to wait.

"Hey aren't you one of those street performer girls?" A voice asks from behind me. I turn and see a boy standing there. His light brown hair was spiked up and his chocolate brown eyes were lit up as he smiles at me.

"Uh... Yeah. I am." I say.

"Skylar!" The worker shouts, setting down mine and Cass' hot chocolates. I smile and grab them.

"Well it was nice to meet you. I have to go now. Bye." I murmur then walk over to Cass. I set her hot chocolate down in front of her and she looks up.

"Thanks." Cass says and I nod and take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"So ready to go find a place to stay for the night?" I ask.

"Yeah. Except I know a place we can stay for free. Come on." Cass says and walks out and I follow her.

~~~~

"Wal-Mart? Really Cass?" I whisper as Cass locks the bathroom door.

"Really. We just stay in here until they close up then we just sleep in sleeping bags or something. It'll be perfect! We can stay here every night!" Cass chirps and I giggle slightly and shake my head.

"You and your crazy ideas Cass." I say.

~~~~

I place $32.50 on the cash register area neatly and walk over to the sporting goods area. I see Cass set up with the sleeping bags, flashlights, lantern, and food.

"You sure we shouldn't pay for the rest of this stuff?" I ask and she nods.

"Were going to put it all back except the food." Cass says and I sigh.

"Okay." I say and sit on my sleeping bag. Cass tosses me the big bag of Munchies and I smile and open it and start eating.

"So how we gonna heat up the pizzas?" I ask and Cass gets up.

"Easy. Microwaves. Duh." Cass says and I giggle.

~~~~

"All I need! Is a beauty and a beat! Who can make my life complete!" Cass and I sing loudly to "Beauty and a Beat." We were using one of the CD players in the electronic section and this was so much fun.

"I love it here!" Cass says and I giggle and nod as I eat another slice of cheese pizza.

~~~~

I hear all the beeping loudly and I sit up quickly.

"Cass! Wake up! Wal-Mart opens in an hour!" I shriek and we both get up. We quickly put all the stuff away in its packaging and we throw away the trash. I run to the clothing department as Cass runs to the hair and beauty department.

I pick out clothes for Cass and I then run into the bathroom and change and Cass runs in with her hair and make-up done. I quickly comb out my hair and run to the cash register area and place money for the clothes and hair and make-up stuff. I run back into the bathroom and then lock myself in a stall as Cass does the same.

~~~~

"See how well that worked out?!" Cass squeals and I giggle.

"Yeah. I could get used to that..." I smile and walk to the park with her, carrying my guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second chapter! Hope you guys like it! Written by Sky! :)