CHAPTER SIX.

CHAPTER SIX.

❝ 'CAUSE I DON'T THINKI HAD ENOUGH ❞

'CAUSE I DON'T THINK
I HAD ENOUGH

••

Pancakes and waffles were one of the most simple things for breakfast. Quick and easy, whether it was from some prepared powder mix or from scratch. Millie enjoyed either, though she usually opted for straight from scratch.

It made her feel more productive if she was making it from scratch. Also, she loved to tell Paris that when it was made from scratch, it was made with extra love. Something that the small child loved to hear, and it encouraged her to help out because she wanted to add in her own bits of love.

As she was preparing the batter with every necessary ingredient, Finn was watching with an amused gaze, one hand holding his chin as he leaned forward with interest. He wasn't sure why it was distracting to watch her busy herself with throwing a bunch of ingredients together, but he was easily distracted by her.

All the while, Paris was skipping back and forth from either one of them, occasionally providing assistance to Millie with mixing something in or momentarily pulling Finn's attention away.

"So your birthday," Millie spoke abruptly as she flipped a pancake, glancing towards Finn.

Finn darted his eyes towards Paris, feeling heat rush to his cheeks when her eyes had caught onto him. "Yeah, you're in charge of the party, right?"

Millie hummed thoughtfully, carefully placing the pancake aside on a plate. "Yeah, but, uh. . . Well, I was wondering, how would you feel about a joint birthday party? You and Billie?"

Finn shrugged, grinning at Paris as she made a silly face at him before he mirrored her expression. "I wouldn't mind. Is she alright with it?"

"She'd be fine with it," Millie assured, tapping a finger to her chin. "Besides, she asked me on such short notice, so if she doesn't, then she can cut me some slack about it."

"I asked you on short notice," Finn pointed out as Paris pulled a funny face.

Paris giggled as he pretended to grab her, pinching playfully at her sides causing her to run to the opposite end of the table with a grin.

Millie glanced behind her, curious of all the fuss they were making when she wasn't watching. "Yeah, but— I don't know, it's different."

Finn frowned at that, lifting his gaze to her. "How is it different?"

"Because it's y– it's Billie," she stated simply, feeling a blush rising to her cheeks.