Going Out

Read, comment, and vote! :) xoxoxo, Brooke

_______________________________

"She's okay, right? I mean, she's-oh, okay, nap time. Right. Well, could you give her a kiss for me when she wakes up? A-and tell her I love her..."

I didn't really know how I was going to talk to, let alone live with Chris after what happened in group. I knew his type. He wanted to believe that he knew it all and that he could handle himself, but that wasn't the case. I could look right through him and know that he was struggling just as much as any of us. I normally would have confronted him about this, but I was so frustrated with him that I just stormed right over to my dresser and began picking out an outfit without acknowledging him at all.

"Yeah, I'm actually sharing a room with this girl named Emma...um, she seems cool...I think things are a little tense right now, but..."

"You got that right." I thought to myself as I took a pair of jeans, a pink long sleeve top, and my favorite white cardigan to the bathroom.

"Oh my god, Mom...yes, she's pretty, but she has a boyfriend..."

One truth, one lie...

"I may have offended her in group therapy and now she's not speaking to me...look, you'd have to hear the whole story to get it..."

I rolled my eyes, removing my pajamas. As usual, I avoided looking in the mirror because it absolutely disgusted me to do so. I had a hard time being able to see my body without feeling sick. I couldn't figure out why anyone would be even remotely attracted to a girl who saw herself as being the size of a whale shark. I loved whale sharks, but I certainly didn't care to look like one. Yet I felt like I was headed in that very direction, and Jayce thought he had the right to tell me anything.

I got dressed in a hurry, pulling my hair into a ponytail and walking back to my bed, picking up my purse and walking to the door.

"What? You're giving me the silent treatment?" I heard his aggravating voice ring through my ears, like nails on a chalkboard. I clenched my fists, heaving a sigh as I tried to figure out my next move. Was I going to keep walking or was I going to give him a piece of my mind? In my opinion, he deserved either one.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to the mall with my friends." I said through my teeth. I looked over my shoulder. He was just laying casually on his bed, looking at me innocently. Oh, as if he was really interested in what I was doing. He probably was asking so he could show up and embarrass me in front of Leo. Well, he would end up wishing he hadn't.

"Oh? You have friends?"

"You are a real piece of work, you know that?" I forced a smile, stepping into the hallway. The last thing I expected was for him to follow me, but I soon heard his footsteps, getting closer and closer. I groaned internally, picking up my pace. Only, he did the same and he caught up to me at the elevator, pressing the button before I ever got the chance.

"For someone so smart, you sure are stubborn."

"Why? Because I won't fall at your feet? Thanks, but you're not my type anyway." I avoided his eyes, clenching my jaw. What was his deal anyway? He could have chosen to avoid me like everyone else had done before I came here.

"It's not like you're my type either. I prefer someone who has the guts to admit when they're wrong." He leaned against the wall and crossed his muscular arms, smirking at me. I'd finally had enough, and I turned to face him, narrowing my eyes.

"Excuse me, but what makes you think I can't admit when I'm wrong? FYI, if I were so incapable of admitting my wrongs, I wouldn't be stuck in an Eating Disorder Unit, would I?" He stayed silent. Go Emma! "Yeah," I said coolly. "I thought so."