Volume 1 Chapter 6

It was the first week of May and not surprisingly, the students had turned over a new leaf and were now paying attention to the teachers. Well, most of them anyway. The rebellious delinquent Sudou refused to change his habits and kept sleeping through class.

Surprisingly none of the students attempted to talk him out of it. Maybe it was because the students detested his behaviour to the point that they wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

A bunch of hypocrites is what they were. They would insult him behind his back and ignore his stupid behaviour. Society really was the worst. I let out a sigh as I looked at Chabashira sensei going on about a Japanese history topic, then,

"W-whoah!?"

Ayanokoji screamed, startling the entire class. I looked at him waving his hand around. There was nothing visibly wrong with him. Maybe he got stung by a wasp or something.

Then I saw his sitting partner quickly hiding a shiny metal. It was a compass. I immediately figured out what had happened. I didnt take Horikita for the kind of girl who would play in class. Least of all when we were in a crisis. Was she all talk? Or maybe she had a reason for doing that? Anyhow it's already been done and it wasn't so interesting for me to care about it.

"What is it, Ayanokoji? You suddenly shouted. Is this your rebellious stage?"

Sensei asked

"N-no. Sorry, Chabashira-sensei. Some dust entered my eye...."

This guy with the pathetic lies. Every single day I spend in close proximity with him, my doubt that he was the greatest white room product increased. But still I wouldnt underestimate him.

I perked my ears and strangely enough, there were no whispers. Seems like the fear of not getting points at the end of this month had gotten to them. Its terrifying what money did to people.

Soon after, class ended and I stretched before resting my head on my desk. I wasnt used to this much sitting down during the day even though I had been doing it for one month now. At this rate I would be out of shape in no time.

Now I had to think of what to do. I was thinking of going to lunch with Airi,  but then Hirata went up to the podium and begun talking.

"The test that Chabashira-sensei mentioned is coming up soon. Everyone understands that they'll have to drop out of school if they receive failing Mark's. So, I think that it would be best if we form study groups."

Study groups. It was a nice idea Hirata-kun asked me about last night. I wanted absolutely no part in it so I tried to give an excuse, that I had no idea how to teach, but Hirata-kun wouldnt back down. He sure was persistent and in the end I settled on marking the practice tests given to the other students and correcting them. Why did he have to give me so much work!?

"If you neglect your studies, you'll immediately receive failing grades and drop out. I want to avoid that situation. Studying isnt solely for avoiding that situation, because there is also a possibility that out test scores are reflected on our points. If we get high grades, the assessment of our class would probably go up. I asked some of the people who got good grades to help out. So, I would like people who are worried about their grades to come participate in the study group. Of course everyone is welcome to join."

Throughout the entire speech, Hirata looked at Sudou and only Sudou. It seems like he was trying to make sure Sudou was listening to him.

"....Tch"

Sudou clicked is tongue, crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

All in all he was just a big baby who still had the in capability to make the right choices. At this rate I was interested in how long it would take for him to get expelled from the school. Or will he change his lifestyle later down the road.