Volume 2 Chapter 4

After school, I returned to my room to rest. I had been invited to go searching for witnesses today as well with Kei's group but I declined the offer. I told them I was busy with something. It was a relatively peaceful time, until I received a call from somebody unexpected.

I picked up my phone and the caller ID read, Kikyou Kushida. I was a bit surprised, considering we didn't really talk much. Had something happened?

[Kushida]: Hello? Shiro-san?

[Me]: Yea. Hello, Kushida-san.

[Kushida]: Are you busy right now?

[Me]: Erh,..

[Me]: Not really. Is something the matter?

[Kushida]: Oh, it's just that I was hoping we could meet up. I wanted to talk to you about something.

[Me]: About what? It's already late.

[Kushida]: Sorry, but I need to talk with you face to face on this matter.

Face to face? Where is she going with this?

[Me]: Very well then. Where are we meeting?

[Kushida]: I'll text you the place.

[Me]: Hmm, ok.

[Kushida]: Ok then.

[Me]: Ok then. I'll try to get to you as soon as possible.

I cut the call and checked my messages. She had sent me a room number.

"Room 401, huh? But that's on the boys' floor. What is she doing there at this time? She couldn't be planning something stupid, right?"

After reading my novel, I picked up my red hoodie and left the room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kushida POV

"Ok, everybody. She said she'd be over soon."

Just as I finished my call with Tatsumaki-san I informed the others in the room.

"It's good she's coming."

Sudou said. He laid on Ayanokouji-kun's bed while playing a game. It were almost as if the current predicament had nothing to do with him. To be honest it was infuriating how lax he was, whereas I was helping him, but as usual, I'll put up a smile and ignore him.

"Are you sure Sakura-san is the witness?"

I asked Horikita who was sitting on a chair cockily.

"Of course. There could be no one else. Like I said, her actions before made it obvious. And I'm certain Tatsumaki-san is aware of this."

Sudou got off the bed and clicked his tongue.

"Tch, if she really does know why wouldn't she tell me?"

"Maybe to protect Sakura-chan?"

I suggested.

"True. Tatsumaki-san does look like the loyal type."

Ike pointed out.

"Ah~ Beautiful, smart, friendly and loyal. The perfect girl."

Yamauchi said dreamingly.

"Oi! You better watch your mouth."

Sudou grabbed Yamauchi in a headlock.

"Ah! Ah! What did I say?"

Yamauchi complained. He seemed to be in a very difficult situation.

"You only say that because you aren't the one who gets bullied by her words every day."