Smarties

I'm sorry for not updating sooner, my school just won't leave me alone :(

Aelinae's POV

I waited for Juanita by my locker. I was dressed in a pale green sweater and a knife pleated skirt. Tomorrow was our annual Halloween sleepover- every year was always crazier than before. I got my books for class when I realized that this might be our last Halloween sleepover.

The thought left a strange feeling in my chest. It was a bit suffocating.

ouch

What was that? Before I could ponder on it, Juani came, surprisingly still been wearing Jordan's hoodie. Her glasses were almost falling off and she was carrying books.

"could you?" she asked motioning to her glasses, I pushed her glasses back to her nose.

"Thanks" she moved to my open locker and dumps all the books there before opening hers and replacing the books into her locker before turning to me and blurting out,

"Am I the only one that felt weird when KC told us her real name?" she rushes out.

Well you're definitely not the only one

I tried not to think about yesterday but I couldn't help it. It just made me see her differently, like she's a stranger. But-

like how is it even possible; your friends for how long and you don't even know their name.

"Your definitely not the only one" I replied making her visibly breathe.

"oh wow I thought- it's just weird you know" she says as we head for AP math's,

"Yeahhh" I say, making her stop to look at me knowingly.

"No Ellie, no" she warned me. ugh. she knows me too well.

"What?" I try to play it cool walking to class as she follows me.

"Stay out of it. No detective stunt" she says looking up at me firmly. Cute

but I prefer sherlock Ellie

"It's different this time... I just wanna know" Juanita has had her fair shares of my nosey self. She was always my trusty tech guy. The last time was when I heard Mrs. Greene; my chemistry teacher had Conjunctivitis. I had to make sure because she was my teacher and Conjunctivitis is not a good colour on me. So Juanita helped me hack her hospital files.

Beside, I was saving all of us,

we all took chemistry...

"Ellie, Mind. Your. Business. it's still the same Kc... she just has some things she wants to keep to herself" like her own freaking name. I roll my eyes at her, not saying anything as we continue heading to class.