/Chapter 3/

Hadessa notices that Jackson has been strangely quiet since she walked in so she decides to start up a convo concerning the rosary he wore on his neck. In all honesty, she was genuinely interested and she also wants to start over with Jackson because she knows they started off on the wrong foot.

"How long have you been Christian?"

Jackson looks at her from the corner of his eye, "birth".

Hadessa doesn't take offense to his one-worded answer, "really! What Church do you go to? I go to the Pentecostal one over at Blooming Glen".

A smirk rests on Jackson's lips, "I heard a lot about that disgraceful Church. It's the one that's filled with a lot of ch*nks, n*ggers, and t*nks right?"

Hadessa's breathing hitches, "Yes...there are a lot of Asian, black, and Hispanic people. The diversity is beautiful because we are all of God's creation and he loves all of us the same".

Jackson chuckles at this, "yeah sure".

A flame of anger lights up within Hadessa, "Mr. Redmond, you claim to be a Christian so if you read the Bible then you would know that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. So you can't even argue that we were created from Satan".

Her angry tone only provokes Jackson, "oh so then explain why Adam and Eve were white? Explain why Jesus was white? Why everyone in the Bible was white? Black people came from monkeys, that's why you still act like them".

Hadessa can't help but laugh at this, "Actually the race of Adam and Eve was never stated in the Bible. All it says is that they were made from God's image which is what distinguishes humans from animals. I-along with the rest of the black people are made from God's image so if you call me an animal then think again because you're also calling God an animal. And if he's an animal then you are too because you are made from his image right? And Jesus was from what is now Israel which is in the Middle East. So that means he wasn't white, he was brown-skinned".

Not wanting to have the discussion anymore Hadessa hands Caspian another Lolipop, "Everything's all good bud! Just promise me you'll finish all of your meals so you can grow up strong with big muscles!"

The little boy squeals when she tickles his stomach.

Hadessa turns to look at Mr. Redmond for the last time, "He's improving and really soon he'll be good to go home. Push him to eat more of his meals though so that his weight can go up. You have a blessed day Mr. Redmond. Remember, Jesus loves you...just as much as he loves me".

Hadessa slams the door closed and runs to the bathroom to laugh. The last part was unnecessary but she couldn't help herself from being petty. She only wanted to have the last word but she even got the last laugh.

The bathroom door opens and Krissy walks in, "I can't talk long but how'd it go?"

Hadessa smiles at her coworker who was becoming more of a close friend, "you know what, come over to my place tonight and I'll tell you about it over some dinner".

The mixed woman smiles back, "bet, I'll even bring some wine".

What are your opinions about evolution?

Remember to vote!