(44) Real Life

*1 week before the funeral *

Carmen's pov

Someone put a bag on my head and a ball gag in my mouth to prevent me from speaking.

I wanted to scream, but I just couldn't. I felt simply broken. It was so dark.

I felt 6 hands on me. 2 near my butt,2 near my feet, and 2 on my head.

I tried kicking and hitting them, then I realized I was all tied up.

I moved my neck around trying to get the bag of my head.

I heard someone whisper,"Fuck! Chloroform her too!" I shook around trying to get out of this mess I was in.

I screeched a little bit, then a hand grabbed a bag and I got a glance of Mychael's face as he pulled the cloth over my mouth.

I tried so hard not to breathe it in, but he wouldn't let the cloth leave my mouth, so instead of passing out from not enough oxygen I just let the chloroform take me.

???'s pov

The 3 of us chloroformed Payton and Carmen. Then we grabbed the body that looked exactly like Carmen and set it next to wear Payton was. The girl that looked like Carmen had stab wounds in her.

I then whisper yelled,"Alright, let's go, before they identify Carmen as not Carmen!"

We grabbed Carmen and threw her in the van. We drive away to this abandoned townhouse that was in the outskirts of LA.

Payton's pov

I woke up to Hannah crying. I rocked her a little bit and she had seemed hungry, so I looked over at where Carmen was laying... she had stab wounds all over her body. She looked lifeless,helpless, even hopeless.

I fell to the floor on my knees with Hannah in my arms. I began crying louder then Hannah. I let the tears spill out of my eyes.

I got up to put Hannah back in her crib to call 911.

Hannah began to scream... she knew her mother was gone. I picked her up as I was on the phone and took her downstairs to feed her, her bottle.

I could hear so many sirens. Tears were spilling out of my eyes and I was shaking. I can't believe I slept through whatever the fuck happened to Carmen. She... she was most likely gone and I couldn't keep her alive... what help was I?

Someone had knocked on my door. I opened it and paramedics had came in. They looked at me weirdly as I had my face probably all sorts of fucked up and Hannah had a tear stained face.

I just pointed upstairs and the female and male had nodded and went upstairs to check out her injuries.

I had already known for a fact that she was dead... but when they declare it... I know I will just fall apart and Hannah will grow up without a mother figure. I'd have to stay strong for her.

The paramedics came down and went back outside without saying a word.

Someone walked into the house... different footsteps from the paramedics. I didn't want to look, I just wanted to hold Hannah and my arms forever and tell her what an amazing person her mother was.

Someone touched me... I flinched roughly. I turned to see Josh. He had seemed concerned... I would too if his girlfriend had just died while he was sleeping and there were ambulances in front of the house.

I just went up to him and hugged him and let my tears seep into his shirt. He hugged back without saying one word.

Josh's pov

I didn't want to break the silence. I knew what had happened... the blue and red lights coming from cop cars were flashing inside the house... like they had in movies. The way Payton was just spaced out... crying without closing his eyes and feeding hannah. I just hugged back... a type of hug that would show that you were sorry for his loss... but also the type to want an explanation for everything.