02

Mark keep staring at the cake that he didn't notice Jenny in front of him.

"hey Mark, why are you staring at that cake?" Jenny said.

"oh you're here, well, this cake is not totally mine, but I guess it's mine now." Mark explained.

"what do you mean? don't say someone rejected you? I mean the cake." Jenny teasing Mark

"you can say that, but not totally, it's hard to explain." Mark replied smiling.

"okay okay. by the way, do you want to join with me and Adam? he'll be coming soon, he just park the car, let's have coffee together." Jenny said

"I think I'll pass, besides I almost finished my coffee." Mark replied.

"what are you gonna do with that cake?" Jenny asked.

"well, I'll just bring it to my office." Mark said then call for a staff and ask if he can take out the cake.

After a while.

"okay, I have to go now. enjoy your coffee. bye" Mark said then start walking.

"thanks, bye" Jenny said.

At the same time, Adam is coming to Jenny and he saw Mark walking.

"where is he going? aren't he joining us for coffee?" Adam asked.

"he said he'll pass." Jenny answered.

"I see, let's order now." Adam said.

***

It's lunch time now, everyone on the office is starting to prepare for lunch.

"what should I eat for lunch, I'm kind of full now because of the cake, maybe I'll just eat a little." Mark talking to himself. Then he head out of his office.

"Mark come join us for lunch, I pack some food we can share." Jenny called out to Mark.

"Oh thank you, but I'm going out now for lunch, sorry." Mark replied.

"is that so, are you sure? Jenny bought delicious foods." Adam trying to convince Mark but he just laugh it out

"yeah, thanks for the offer, but I really want to eat out now. see you later." Mark said then started to walk outside the office.

"are you sure Mark is okay with us now? I think he is not." Adam said to Jenny.

"he said he's okay, maybe he is just awkward, it's been 2 years since we last saw him, and he does not remember us at all, so basically we're strangers to him even though we're childhood friends." Jenny explained.

"yeah, it's been 2 years since the incident, I wonder if Maria is okay now." Adam exclaimed.

"you're right, we don't have any news about her since last year, I wonder if she go back to Canada." Jenny

"I don't think she did, she chose Mark over her family right." Adam

"oh I forgot about that. where can she be now." Jenny said and start eating.

****

"what should I eat, I'm starting to get hungry." Mark exclaimed while walking around and searching for a place to eat. He is too busy looking at each food establishment that he accidentally bumped into someone.

"ow, I'm so sorry miss, are you okay?, oh! it's you!" Mark was surprised to see that the person he bumped into was MJ.

"I...I'm sorry I was not looking. excuse me." MJ said then walked away.

Unconsciously, Mark grab the hand of MJ preventing her to leave. They were both surprise at what Mark did.

"Sorry, hmmm, did you have lunch? I... I was looking for a place to have lunch but I can't seem to find one. Can I go with you?" Mark explained shyly.

"do you think it's safe to ask a stranger to have lunch with them?" MJ said

"you have a point, I know this is something absurd, but I know you're not a bad person. Also, I'm not a bad person either, you can hold my wallet if you like." Mark convincing MJ

MJ sigh, she look at Mark face and decide to go with him.

"okay, but don't treat me. Also, I'm planning to eat at a fastfood place, do you still, I mean, do you eat at such place?" MJ said.

"I don't know, this is my first time eating at a fastfood place for the past 2 years. Maybe before I lost my memory I use to eat at fastfood place." Mark answered.

"ahhh, I see." MJ replied and start walking towards the fastfood place.

"wait for me, oh by the, my name is Mark." Mark said while chasing MJ

"MJ". MJ replied.

"oh MJ, we have same initials, it's nice to know you Ms. MJ." Mark said.

"we're here. can you order by yourself?" MJ asked.

"I'm not sure but I will try." Mark answered.

"follow me." MJ said.

MJ start ordering and Mark followed.

"wow, it is fast, hahaha" Mark said happily and amused.

"you really are a rich kid." MJ whispered.

"what? you're saying something." Mark asked.

"nothing. nevermind. let's eat." MJ answered firmly.

Then they start eating.

"so, how's your interview?" Mark asked to break the silence between them after eating.

"it's okay. I'm done, I should go." MJ answered then stand up.

"wait. I would like to ask you for something." Mark said with his eyes begging.

"what is it?" MJ asked suspiciously.

"well, I know it is our first time meeting each other, but I felt like if I don't do this now I will regret later. (deep breath). . .Can I have your number?" Mark said while rubbing the edge of his ears.

MJ was surprised and didn't know what to do. She stare at Mark for a while as she is clueless whether she give her number or not. After thinking she decide to do something.

"I can't give you my number, instead, you will give me your number. You can have my number once I call you." MJ said with conviction.

"well, I will give you my number, but will you call me?" flustered Mark replied.

"if you don't want, fine, I'll go now. bye." MJ said and start walking.

"wait wait wait! . .okay I will give it now, here." Mark said while walking then give his business card to MJ

"it is also my personal number, I don't like having many number." Mark added.

MJ received the card and start walking. She nodded at Mark then turn away.

"call me okay! don't forget! call me!" Mark shouted.