zoro x reader (au)

Inspired By: ONEUS- LIT
Word Count: 1050 words

[A/N]: In this story, Big Mama's youngest is 16 so let's go.

- - -

Swords clashed, guns fired, blood spilt as the drums continued to play. I held onto my sword, teeth gritted as I slashed another five soldiers down, panting. "Continue fighting for Empress Mama! Kill all the revolutionaries!" Perosperos shouted, all of us younger siblings shouting back in responses.

The battle was intense, like the rising action of a story. I am the only swords-woman and the youngest in the family, so my siblings did worry about me, but I had proven myself to be stronger than I looked. The rest of my family used firearms and witchcraft which I knew the basics of, but wasn't the best at.

"Swords master kid! I've been waiting to meet you!" I heard a voice above me and looked up, seeing a boy no older than seventeen grinning with his dark raven hair. "Join me and revolt against the empress!" He shouted, landing right in front of me as I stumbled backwards, shocked by his request. I stared at him, blinking as I processed that information. Was this boy stupid?

I swung my sword down, scraping his arm. "Are you crazy? Asking one of the Charlotte children to join the revolutionaries?" I shouted, in amusement, trying to stab him. Unfortunately, before I could, another sword clashed with mine. A man with green hair appeared out of nowhere and he held one sword in each of his hands and one in his mouth.

Smirking, I swung my sword over my shoulder. "Zoro, take care of her! Don't kill her, though!" Luffy shouted, running off as the relatively attractive man nodded, staring at me with a sharp gaze. I stared back, scanning him from head to toe before sighing as he lunged forward to attack me.

I calmly fought back, not even bothering to move my body- just my arm as my sword blocked all his attacks. He was annoyed and I found that extremely amusing- to toy with a revolutionary (a handsome one at that).

"Have you ever beat Mihawk?"
"No! But I promised that I wouldn't lose to anyone after he defeated me!"

I burst out laughing, cutting his forearm before using the handle of my sword to push him backwards. "No wonder. Have you ever wondered why Mihawk is only the greatest swordsman, and not swords-master?"

Zoro arched an eyebrow, continuing to fight me after he had bandaged his forearm with his bandana. I lunged at him at an inhumane speed, attacking him from all sides with a smile. "What the hell!" He shouted, trying his best to keep up with me, blocking my attacks.

I stopped, staring at Zoro who was panting, absolutely exhausted by my speed attacks. Chuckling, I bent down to his height, tipping his chin upwards. "Notice the scar, babe?" I pointed at the slit across my mouth as his eye widened, stumbling backwards.

"Charlotte (Y/N)... Thats you, right?"

I bowed. "In the flesh."

He cocked his head, a grin on his face. "Never thought I'd meet the strongest swordsman in Japan here. Nonetheless, I would love to challenge you in the duel."

Picking up my sword, I smiled. "Why not?" As if my agreement was a signal, Zoro lunged forward and caught me by surprise. His face was inches away from mine and our noses were touching, my hand trembling as I blocked his sword with mine. My whole face turned red, my eyes staring into his.

The smirk on his face was enticing and I couldn't look away. I didn't have the courage to. I snapped out of my daze, jumping off the ground as I swung my sword down on him, still stuck in my little daydream earlier. 'Was he going to kiss me?' I wondered, swinging my sword at him as he blocked all my attacks easily and swiftly.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance, using my Observational Haki to stun him a little before attacking him again, yet he still remained unfazed. "Playing dirty now, aren't we, kitten?"

Kitten?

My cheeks heated up once again, panting as his pet name startled me. I growled, clutching my sword even harder. "Don't call me a kitten, babe. I'm so much more than that!" I shouted, continuing to attack him as he smirked at me.

Oh, that obnoxious, charming smirk of his was going to be the death of me. From the side of my vision, I admired the way he moved, somewhat elegant but swift. His hair looked soft, the powerful gaze held something emotional behind them and behind that arrogant smirk was a shy little boy.

"FALL BACK!"

I turned around to see Luffy shout and I grunted. I couldn't let him just leave like this. I grabbed his collar, pulling him forward with the tip of my sword pressing against his stomach. "Move and I kill you," I warned as he gulped, staring through my soul.

Tugging at his collar, I pulled him in for a kiss which took him by surprise. He kissed back softly, but I quickly let him go and kicked him away. Gesturing for him to return to his crew, I smirked at him.

"Until next time, babe."

Zoro blushed furiously, his palm over his cheeks as he ran back to his ship. He turned around once last time and winked before jumping onto his ship.

Katakuri and Smoothie ran over, both concerned. "Did you just kiss Roronoa?" My older brother asked as I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him. My sister nudged my arm hard, glaring softly at me.

"Just to injure him. He's got a deep gash in his stomach now," I lied, smiling at the Thousand Sunny that was departing. Smoothie arched an eyebrow, doubting my excuse as I started to walk away before my overprotective siblings began to ask more questions.

Pudding smiled at me, giggling. "You have a crush on Roronoa, don't you?" I blushed, mumbling a 'shut up' under my breath causing her to giggle even more. "They'll be back. Don't worry," she winked at me before leaving as I sighed.

Staring at the vast sea, I smiled at the Thousand Sunny in the distance. "I'll see you again, Roronoa Zoro."