March 17th

Text Messages:
Sasha: Elle!!! Why are you so hell-bent on studying for that history exam when the professor JUST told us that it's open notes...? Riley, Jason, and I just reserved a study room on the 2nd floor of the library for us to meet up and do it together.

Elle: Better safe than sorry, half the time we can't even understand Professor Scott's handwriting for us to even take notes. I can't afford to miss a question.

Sasha: welllll... you're not wrong there. wdym you "can't afford to miss a question" it's literally 50% multiple choice 50% fill in the blank. We can literally copy-paste all the PowerPoints, convert them into one whole document, and then use Control F to our advantage.

Elle: you're right!

Sasha: I'm always right 😘

Elle: yeahhh nope wrong answer. remember that one time you got us lost hiking in the middle of New Mexico. If I do recall you saying "we came from the left trail" forgetting that we were facing the opposite direction...

Sasha: you're never going to let me live that down are you? it's a common mistake!

Elle: hmm... no it's not. People with common sense know that my left and right is your right and left if we're facing each other! I mean doctors can't amputate the wrong leg, that's malpractice!

Elle: Also we had to sleep on a grass patch sharing 2 emergency thermal blankets until the people who rented us the  cabin noticed we never got home after leaving for so long.

Sasha: Ughhh.... change of topic. Come over to Jason's dorm so we can do game night.

Elle: hmm... alright be there in 5.

*** Jason's Dorm

Knocking on the door Elle was tackled to the ground by Sasha for bringing up such a traumatizing event for them up into existence after suppressing it for so long. It had been 4 years since their Senior Road Trip adventure to New Mexico.

Promising each other to never bring it up Sasha stepped aside for her to walk in.

Walking in, her friends all turned to her and greeted her. Jason was sprawled on his bean bag announcing that he was just placing an order for pizza through Pizza Hut before we could decide what the game of the night was. Riley was lying on Jason's bed scrolling through Instagram passing time like one would. Sasha was being Sasha getting distracted by Jason's roommates pet fish. It was a beautiful lavender betta fish that he had won at the state fair last year. What a miracle that it was still alive.

"Alright, pizza will be arriving in 25 minutes! What are we playing tonight? Last week we played Jumbo Jenga!" stated Jase.

"We should switch things up this time!" exclaimed Sasha which honestly meant no good coming from her if you've caught my drift.

Agreeing with "Change it up idea" Sasha decided that it would be a great idea for us to write down 2 random phone numbers from the top of our heads that began with our hometown area code.

Both Jason and Riley were from Austin, Texas so theirs had to start with 512 or or 737 while both Sasha and I were from Dallas so ours had to start with 214, 469, or 972. After drawing the number we had to call the person to see if it even existed and then send a message.

Placing our numbers in one of Jasons baseball hats we each drew two random numbers and this was our results:

Jason: FAIL

Attempt #1: Called: didn't exist

Attempt #2: Called and almost ordered chinese food so he hung up.

Riley:

Attempt #1: Called: didn't exist

Attempt #2: Called: got transferred to customer service at Best Buy.

Sasha:

Attempt #1: Called and an old man answered. She got scared... so she clicked.

Attempt #2: Called: didn't exist

Now for what you have all been waiting for.

My results:

Attempt #1: I called and got sent to voicemail, being the first person to receive such an outcome I was forced to send the message:

Ellie: Hey Zach, I just wanted to let you know that your cat ran away... while I was watering your fish. please let me know if you want me to release the goat.

Which ended up being a service phone number for a landscaper and ended up getting a reply that went a little like this.

Unknown Number: Sweety you got the wrong number, also I'd recommend you not let the goat go if you let the cat run away... also did you really mean to send "watering your fish." I mean a fish lives in water. how could you be watering the fish. Let me know if you need any landscaping done here's my website. Landscapers214.com

Attempt #2: I called and got sent to voicemail a second time.

Then we actually gave up after that cause our pizza arrived... and I had to get back to my dorm before I got soaked from the thunderstorm that was rolling in.

Arriving to dorm my phone buzzed.

Unknown Number: ???

Too tired to answer I went to sleep. I'd answer first thing tomorrow morning.