Chaper 4

Time skip: 3 ½ years later

It's been a rough couple days in the Marks/Boland/Garcia household, Beth's oldest Kenny was turning 14 and he was being a responsible teenager which just didn't happen, Beth was fully prepared for the fucked up teens years but Kenny was just like her that Beth was not prepared for.

As she sat with Kenny having a conversation about why their dad was hardly around and why he gave them up as well as why the babies in the family had another last name. She watched her son be understanding and wise beyond his years shake his head and reply

"Mom I know dad left us and I understand Mr.Garcia and you has a few issues. I think I understood from back then that our family wasn't perfect and that you were just going through the emotions, now that I'm older you don't owe me an explanation mom I'll help out in anyway I can with my brothers and sisters."

Beth was a bit speechless and wanted to cry too after driving herself crazy with wanting to have this conversation in the last couple days with Kenny he took her fears away in less than 2 minutes in.

She hugged her apparently grown son and watched him walk away. The past couple years Beth has become a single mom of 6 and a business owner to one of the most successful Resturant and bar in California.

She had workers hard to ensure that her kids wanted for nothing and now that they were opening a second location in Michigan she just had to sit her kids down and talk to them those old enough to understand.

Emma and Danny also seemed disinterested in the conversation chalking it up to them almost being teens at 12 the older twins were shinning brighter here than ever before and didn't care that their dad didn't want them. Jane bless her heart was heartbroken at first but not over Dean but mom's friend with the neck tattoo.

She became attached to Rio at 4 and now 7 she was no longer outgoing but shy and reserved after leaving and coming to California she felt rejected by him and I couldn't fix it. Sighing and getting up she called her real estate agent.

"Hi Carmen, is the deal on the apartment closed?" If going back to the place it hurt to open a restaurant was gonna be a thing she was not under any circumstances having it be in the same neighbourhood, nor was she staying with Stan and Ruby.

After confirming the 3 bedroom apartment was sold to her for her she hang up. She called Annie who coincidentally moved to California too with Ben to start nursing school and she was great at it.

"Hey Annie!"

"What's up bigger Marks?" Came her sisters response.

"It's all finalised the apartment is mine and remember I'm talking the Garcia twins." Beth was still thinking about taking all her kids but was not up for reorganising their lives just because she was gonna be in another state for a few months.

"Ok gotach so when you leaving? And before you ask I'm all packed up and ready to move into the house, plus you have Mr. Aladice and your live in house keeper that will be there to help me too."

The tension that was in my body I didn't know I had released and Beth sighed in relief she had an mini army for her mini army. She gave them her routine and color coded system emailed to them on who had what going on and their schedule too.

"Thanks sis it's just for a few months and I will be going back and forth until this location is up and running solidly." They said their goodbyes and hang up.

A few days later

Beth was all packed with the twins and their private tutor to go to Michigan, after saying bye to the kids and going over everyone's schedule with the adults in charge once more she left for the airport.

The flight was tedious with 3 year olds that couldn't sit still for longer that 20 minutes but by the miracle of God they got through it and arrived at the airport.

Megan bless her soul was a godsend for the twins, a trained tutor but also child care giver she has been with them for 2 years under Mr. Aladice's recommendation and bless his soul too for finding her.

She herded the children to the car we rented until I bought my own while I collected the luggage. As I waited for our bags to appear from the magic contraption in the airport I noticed that was the second time the guy to my right about 5 people down looked my direction. Call me paranoid but he sat 3 rows from us on the plane and now he's looking my way.

I walked over causally "why are you following me?" I think my time with Rio and Mr.Aladice made me nuts but fuck it. The trapped in headlights look he had for a brief second was confirmation enough

"Mr.Aladice hired me as your guard Miss Marks," I sighed ofcourse the old man did this I couldn't even spare a phone call to voice my displeasure knowing exactly why he did it and pretty sure he had at least 4 more guys that I couldn't spot following me and the twins that would no doubt be set up possibly down the hall.

I rolled my eyes and nodded went back to collect my bags and climbed into the car, I waited until I saw the security car pull up and I was right 3 other guys were in the car, I pulled out the airport and headed to my new apartment.

Pulling up to the apartment she noticed it was gated with a security even providing her access card she parked in her spot and to the apartment they went. Thankfully there was an elevator with their apartment being on the 5th floor in the 7 floor building.

As they got settled she took the kids to their room and allowed Megan to help them unpack as well as get herself settled. This state was working her nerves knowing Rio might still be here and she had his kids with her but then he never wanted them so fuck him right?

She was unsure of how to feel about that, her babies grew each day and Isabella and her brother asked about their dad once and never again. I watched Alec become the splitting image of him the more he grew, Isabella's hair darken with age too but my strawberry blond color remained she took after me in features as she grew but attitude of Rio a dangerous combination within itself.

All I can do is pray I don't see him while I'm hear, so to whichever God is listening please Beth shut her eyes I'm silent prayer.

But of-course the universe was a bitch.