I Want You (Christmas Special)

"Just tell me what you want!"  Avery shouted throwing her hands up in the air, annoyance clear in her voice.

 It's two days until Christmas and Avery was all done shopping for presents , well almost done.  It seemed that no matter how hard she tried Avery simply could not find the perfect gift for her best friend , Nate.  How do you shop for the guy who literally had everything he wanted? 

 "You don't need to give me anything Avery, just stop stressing out." Nate said grabbing Avery by the shoulders and gently pushing her down on to the couch. He ignored the tingly feeling that he got every time he touched her and kneeled down in front of her.  

 "Did you get me something?"  Avery asked looking at Nate.  She smiled in triumph when he nodded with a small smile on his face.  "Then I have to get you something. Its like the best friend code ' Thou shall give best friend the perfect present if said best friend gives you the most amazing gift'." 

"How do you know its amazing? For all you know its a bag of cheese." Nate said with a smile.  He chuckled when Avery wrinkled her nose at the mention of cheese. That girl hated cheese with everything inside of her.

 "Because I know you Nate! Every year you get me all these amazing, way to expensive gifts and this year I finally ran out of ideas of what to get you! Please just tell me what you want!" Avery yelled grabbing Nate's face and pinching his cheeks,  something she knew he hated.

"Honestly Ave, I have everything I want and need." Nate lied. Boy did he lie. There was one thing Nate has wanted for years, the one thing money cant buy, the thing he had so close to him yet so far away.  He wanted the girl standing right in front of him, he wanted to be able to hold her close and kiss her, he wanted to be able to tell all the guys who lusted over her to back off because she was taken, he wanted to be able to brag to all his friends that he had this amazing girl all to himself.  Most importantly he wanted Avery to love him as much as he loved her, but he knew that was to much to ask, not even Santa could give him that gift.  Nobody deserved to be as happy as he would be if Avery gave her heart to him. Except her of course.

"I will give you the most amazing present ever  just you wait. Now leave so I can brainstorm" Avery said standing up and pushing Nate out her front door. 

__________________ 

"Merry Christmas Avery"  Nate whispered to Avery pulling her into a hug. They were standing on the front porch of Avery's house.  Nate forced himself to pull away from the hug and gave her a small red box. "Its not wrapped because I know you hate having to unwrap them."   

"Thanks Nate"  Avery whispered back taking the box gently.  She sucked in a deep breath before lifting the lid. Her deep breath went to waste though because when she saw the gold heart shaped locket nestled in what looked like rose petals her eyes started to tear up and all the air was knocked out of her . 

"No Ave don't cry, please don't cry if you don't like it we can exchange it! Please don't cry" Nate said pulling Avery back into a hug. His heart was beating painfully at the thought that she didn't like her gift, that he made her cry. He could feel a pricking sensation in his eyes as the traitor tears threatened to spill, 

"Don't you dare take it back, I love it."  Avery said hugging him tightly feeling butterflies in her stomach.  She always felt like this when he was around, she always felt as if she was floating on air.

"Read the engraving on the inside." Nate said pulling out of the hug again so he could see her reaction.  His already pounding heart seemed to take off even more like a rocket as he waited painfully for the results of his actions.  

A gasp escaped Avery's lips again as she read the engraving  'My heart I give to you, My only true love '   Avery felt as if her heart was going to beat out of her chest, he loved her?

"I love you Avery, I love so much and I understand that you only like me as a frie-"  Nate started to say before he was interrupted by Avery's lips.   

Fireworks went off in both their heads and everything around them disappeared. Nate felt his heart burst with happiness, he finally has everything he needs in his arms.  Every daydream he ever had about this moment was put to shame in front of the real thing and he couldn't help but smile at the fact that all his fantasies were turning into wonderfully sweet reality.

Avery felt weak at the knees, he loves her, he loves her, he loves her!  She pressed her body closer to his trying to put all her emotions in one kiss.  She hoped she could make him feel all the happiness and excitement he made her feel. He loves her , god she would never get tiered of hearing that. She would never get tiered of the butterflies that would always appear in her stomach when he arrived,  she would never get tiered of the tingles she felt whenever he touched her, she would never get tiered of the way he made her feel protected by just being in the same room, she would never get tiered of his knee weakening kisses.  She will never get tiered of loving him.

"I love you too Nate" Avery said when they pulled away for air. She laid her head against his forehead.  Nate smiled goofily and took the locket from her hands and with a satisfied sigh he closed the chain around Avery's neck before letting the locket slip through his fingers. Avery smiled at the cool feeling of the locket's chain around her neck,

"By the way, Merry Christmas Nate " She said pulling out a ring and a piece of paper from her coat pocket. She handed him the ring which had her families crest engraved on it.   

"It was my dad's before he passed away." Avery whispered looking down.  She smiled when she felt him kiss her once more. She pulled away and saw the adoration in his eyes, Avery took in another deep breath before she unfolded the paper that was buried deep in her jacket pocket.

'I love you'