CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO. [PART ONE]

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM.
EMMA'S POV
"Let me go!" I scream, trying to squirm out of their firm hold, thrashing their thighs in the process, still they don't budge.
"Relax Emma, they are my dad's bodyguards." Mae attempts to sooth, key word attempts.
"Let me go!" I shriek in protest, ignoring her comments cos it doesn't change the fact that I'm being held feets above the ground like some criminal.
"Put her down." Mae orders but they remain unyielding.
"Mr. West requests her presence in the study." The one on my left explains.
"Requests, he didn't say to treat her like some savage, now put her down." She orders fiercely, her voice, a silent threat. She really does take after her father in scaring people.
They immediately obey, setting me down. Liberated, I clean nonexistent dust from my dress, inching closer to Mae, away from them.
"You did all that cos of Mason?!" I yell, only just recalling what they had said. When I see him, I am going to rip his he....
"I think he meant my dad." Mae clarifies, putting a stop to my violent thoughts.
"Why? Did something happen?" I ask, a sickening knot already fastening in my stomach. I certainly want nothing to do with that man.
"Don't bother, they won't say but I can come with you, if you'd like." She offers and I send her a grateful smile.
"Alone." The one on the right emphasizes gruffly.
Mae starts to argue but I stop her, I don't want her getting in trouble cos of me, plus I am no coward.
"It's fine Mae." I assure. Sending her a smile, I allow them lead me to him.
They lead me past various bends before finally stopping at a massive door, it makes a creaking sound as it is pulled open for my entry.
The aura of the room, seeming sinister and screaming shady, from the dark curtains to the dull choice of paint. But then again, I simply might just be paranoid.
I don't get the chance to admire the elegancy of the supposed study as my eyes immediately connects with his ever iced ones, instantly making me nauseous.
He is seated on an office leather chair, hand on chin, watching my every move attentively.
He gestures for me to take a seat on the drafting chair across from the mahogany and I obey.
"How much are you being paid?" He questions not beating around the bush.
"Excuse me?" I ask, confused.
"You see the thing is Miss. Johnson, I know quite well, my son's paying you to put-up an act." He says calmly. He couldn't possibly know about our deal, could he?
"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie with a straight face, playing dumb.
"Whatever it is, I'll triple it." He states, as if rethinking, he adds. "I'll write you a blank check even, but then I want you to disappear." Is he really going to risk me taking all of his money just to get rid of me?
"I chose to be Mason's girlfriend because I lo_like him, not for his money." The lie easily rolls off my tongue.
"Still insistent? We'll have it your way then." He says. Lifting a file from the table, he hands it over to a bodyguard and orders him to read it out loud.
"Emma Johnson: Sixteen years old, seventeen on the 3rd of November. Attends Eastview high.
Daughter to Henry and Claire Johnson and sister to Max Johnson.
Henry Johnson works at the company, Track digital as an architect while Claire Johnson, works at Rainbows elementary school as a school teacher.
Address: No5 Joyce Avenue but parents are presently at Florida, visiting wife's sister Laura and newly born Valerie while brother is presently at his best friend Jeremy Stark's house.
Best friends with Esmay Hart, Jody Seville and Fre...." He stops reading when Mr. West waves his hands.
"Would you like him to continue or would you rather speak up?" He questions.
"How do you know all those things about me?" I ask terrified, my voice already shaky.
"Want to know what else I know?" He asks with a sickening attempt of a smile.
"Your father works at one of my companies and your mother works at a school i sponsor. It'd be a shame if they suddenly lost their jobs, don't you think?" He answers his own question.
"Are you threatening me?" I ask dumbly, of course this psycho is.
"Take the cheque and never show your face to my son ever again." He says with finality, passing a blank cheque to me which I accept.
"I don't care how much money you have, when you mess with my family or friends, you mess with me. And trust me when I say, you don't want that." I say with blazing eyes although I have no Idea how I can harm a powerful man like him.
"Are you threatening me Miss. Johnson?" He asks amusedly, placing emphasis on you, knowing there is almost nothing I can do to him.
"You_" I say, shredding the cheque to tiny bits. "_Can keep your bloody cheque." I finish, tossing it all over his face.
His bodyguards immediately charge forward but I somehow manage to stop them with a wave of my hand.
"Don't sweat it, I was leaving anyways." I say and make for the door.
I halt upon reaching the door and turn to face a very pissed off Shawn West.
"Do have a wonderful night." I say confidently, managing a smile though my insides were shaking.
As one of the men escorted me back to the other hallway, there was one thing I was sure of.
I was done with the entire West's family.

(A/N): I know this is literally the shortest chapter I have ever published, I'll tell you why.
We've all been on lockdown cos of the virus and everything, but now schools are reopening so i've got my final exams to prep for and I can't compromise that.
Which means, I'm putting a stop to The Magic of valentine until my exams are finished.
I didn't intend to end the chapter here, so i divided it into two uneven parts. The second part will come the next time I publish.
Thanks😶