Chapter Six

" Ignorance is bliss", was truly said by Thomas Gray.

When former Miss India Priyanka Chopra was performing in the Miss World competition, during the question and answers round each participant was supposed to ask one of the other participants a question . As the competition had come down to five , it was the deciding segment. It was a do or die situation. That is when Priyanka came up with a question which not only contributed to her win but left all the people dumbstruck. You might be wondering why suddenly I am talking about Miss World and questions and situation? No I am not deranged or anything. Because the question she asked was-

" If Ignorance is bliss then why do people seek knowledge?"

What you don't know cannot hurt you. But what if my urge to know things is so devastatingly terrible that I am ready for the consequences which might torment me . But right now I feebly assured myself that its not that terrible and I will survive without knowing the truth. But until when?

Its been one day and two nights since I have been in this house. There are a gazillion of things which I am about to know regarding my foster family but there are some things which I happen to know for sure .

First - Rehan is not so fond of Varun ( taking in consideration the first meeting)

Second - Danish is helping Varun to cover up something.

Third - Everyone in the corner of their heart know that Varun dislikes me.

Does it have a particular someone's name in every point written above? Is that the same particular someone who I am suppose to ignore? Yes , I guess. My newfound talent- hypocrisy.

I was currently sitting in backseat of the Volvo wondering how come Ms Singh was so well off. I mean who has half a dozen of luxury cars? Its like picking up your favorite flavored ice cream each time you want to travel. Just the difference is that , here you have already bought all the flavors of ice cream! After a lot of bickering about who will have the shot gun because Rehan wanted to sit there but as Danish was our designated driver , he was opposed to having to sit beside Rehan. Oh God they squabble like kids . It was fun to watch. So after a round rock paper scissors between me, Rehan and Kamya , Kamya won and I and Rehan ended up in the backseat. Rehan was beaming like a child , all giddy about the situation. Kartik and Nia were with Varun in the BMW. Danish had discreetly planned this so that I don't get killed by a death glare. That was so sweet of him.

"So Princess do you want to start the round now? We have about forty five minutes until we reach the market ", Danish spoke which stimulated a confused expression from Rehan. I had intended to keep the interrogation private between me and Danish. I guess I was reluctant to reveal the fact to everyone that I was aware of Varun's hatred towards me. They all sort of knew that he had a problem with me but everyone just happened to ignore it.

I just glared at Danish, unhappy that he had broached the topic in front of Rehan and Kamya who were both now puzzled and demanded an explanation.

"I and Danish had called a truce yesterday and his part of the bargain said that he would answer my twenty one questions honestly", I sighed.

"Yeah , so are you up for it then", Danish smirked . He totally knew that I would never dare to ask the questions which I really intend to ask , with Rehan sitting right beside me. Why couldn't he just keep it between him and me? Aaargh!!!

"Why don't we keep it for some other time? Rehan and Kamya might get fed up by our not-so-important exchange ", I tried.

"You know what ,my offer might die down after sometime or", he took a pause and a fake expression of realization and astonishment flashed across his face,"Or do you want to keep it private so that you could ask me out or something? In that case I think I already made it clear that you were not my type ", he smirked again.