Chapter 1

This was either my worst or best decision.

        So, um, I ran away.

I finally got to the other side of the small city when I realized:  I have no idea where exactly I was going to go. It's not like there's a lot of places I can just walk to. I mean, I could but this isn't the best place for a sixteen year old (or, well, anyone really) to be strolling around.

The street I'm walking down isn't in the best shape with its cracked roads and many potholes. There's buildings -apartments and small shops, I think- that kind of remind me of the city square. I don't know why people call it the city 'square' considering it's actually a circle.

The buildings are on each side and close together with small spaces in between with the occasional dumpster and/or the occasional person.

I really don't want to be out here when it gets dark.

I check my phone. 8:23 PM. I'm kinda glad I charged it to full before I left. I mean, I can't call the police but at least I can get shanked to Ariana Grande.

The buildings are quickly becoming sparse as I walk to the end of the city limits. It's slowly growing darker as I walk down the dirt road outside the city and I, for one, am not a fan of being out and about at night time. 

I'm a while outside of the city limits when I notice weird footprint tracks in the dirt. Almost as if whatever it was, were on all fours.

I'm kinda scared.

'Coyotes aren't uncommon here. It's not surprising to find tracks.' I try to convince myself.

I go to start walking then stop as I notice the gold bracelet on the ground. Shiiinyy. I quickly go over and pick it up.

"Welp, might as well." I say as I shove it into my hoodie pocket.

The object in question has a weird symbol on it -like a wide smiling face- and strangely emits a quiet thrumming. Hopefully no one is going to miss whatever this is. I continue my fast walking as darkness   F A L L S