1

"Hi! Are you interested in running for next year's student council?" I mouthed the question loudly as if I've rehearsed the question for days. My mouth got used to saying these words out loud frankly because I've asked a long list of students if they were interested in joining the student council for the following year.

"Ay sorry po. Ayoko po kasi tumakbo ngayon."

Jaxon told me politely. He is actually in his first year of high school in which I'm two years ahead of him.

"But why?" I asked with curiosity. He is actually part of this year's student council so why would he not run? I mean teachers must have expected him to run for next year too, right?

"Baka po kasi wala akong magawa as a student council." Eh? Did he not do anything with his position? Wait. right. I don't even know his position in the council. Oh my gosh.

* bell rings*

"So i'll talk to you later about this, ok?" I said hoping we'll have more time to talk about this. I really want him to run for a different position. Explore different responsibilities. But i would not want to push him into something he doesn't really like doing, right?

We both walked away in different directions. Him heading to where his classmates were and I... well I don't know where I'm going.

I've decided to drop by the comfort room to think on what to do next. I had to gather students under my party in order to make sure I had a good foundation. So far, i don't think the other candidates are planning on finalizing their party list nor have they started asking students who'd like to run under them.

As I went out of the comfort room I came across the class of the guy I was talking to before the bell rang. Their subject teacher called me, signing she wanted to talk to me.

"Good afternoon po Ms." i greeted to give a sign of respect.

"So malapit na ang campaign ah. Anong balak mo Amara?" she asked with a firm voice. Oh. Let me tell you, she's a great teacher. She once handled my batch and now handles the batch of Jaxon, the guy I was talking to earlier.

"I'm trying to finalize my party list po." i answered her as we walked going to the third floor.

"May tumakbo ba sa mga first year high school?" she asked. I know she'd get mad if I would say no one has confirmed yet.

"uh ... yes po. As of now Juliana has confirmed her position as my secretary. But the rest, I'm still trying to get their permission for this po."I answered. I'm not gonna lie, even if i am not under her supervision anymore, I'm still as scared as i was when she handled my batch. Nothing scares a student more than her enraged mother.

"Sige, kakausapin ko sila mamaya. Nako! Talaga 'yang mga batang iyan. Kailangan pang sapilitan."

AFTER the talk with their adviser I decided to go straight to my friends and ask for some food. I'm really hungry.

I went to the covered walk area where there are benches and tables are located enough to accommodate students in eating their snacks and lunch.

"HI GUYS!" I greeted them with enthusiasm because somehow, after a tiring talk with everyone I was happy and content with whatever I have now.

"Pahingi ako food. Sino may food?" i asked, feeling really hungry.

Buraot na kung buraot as they say pero I'm really hungry na and I can't stop myself from asking them for food.

"Hey! Tomorrow is february fourteen na. What y'all planning to wear?" i really have no idea what to wear for tomorrow's event. I mean we'll have to take our exams first and then celebrate valentine's day for an hour or more and then head straight to our first ever practice for a ball dance.