"Sorry, do you need help?" Chapter One

I was a teenager when we'd met and as a young adolescent I used to love wearing demin clothes, not that it's relevant but per usual that day I had a demin dress, it looked a bit like a dungeness.

I'd just strolled out of my classroom on the way to lunch mum had only given me a fiver and with the overpriced food, I could probably buy a drink and some grapes not that I wanted anymore.

I'd always complain about the hallways to my friends and my favorite teacher; Mrs Rosetta, they'd just throw all one thousand four hundred students out into the building, well more like a thousand the younger years go out eailer than us. Luckily enough, the building was absolutely humongous!

Soon enough, I'd been pushed about in the hallways enough to squeeze through the pile of pupils all rushing to socialise, I'm surprised the school even make food barely anyone bothers.

I wouldn't if it weren't for my parents constant worrying about me, claiming I'm stunning enough to be a target of bullying, but I've not became a victim and I'm not planning to either.

Boing!

Being the clumsy person I was I'd bumped straight into a weird looking pole they'd dug in the ground to support the ceiling for upstairs, who even does that?

Mumbling, I rubbed my head reeling my hand out my pocket to retrieve my...money? Where's it gone?

"HEY! OVER HERE, BLONDIE!"

Spinning around, I saw a young girl about my age fighting her way though the crowd to get to me waving my fiver in the air to grab my attention.

Smiling warmly I greeted the brunette awkwardly chuckling to myself too, she was a striking sight, ravishing even.

My cheeks begun to heat up, her eyes were a lovely burgeoning green with a brown outline like a fantasy world; a forest.

The girl also wore a shirt an enhancing green like her eyes and long baggy trousers they were red, complementary colors.

"Er? Hello, do you want your money?"

I gasped and looked up at her feeling like I stuck with in a sauna on it's highest setting, "Yes, Yes please. Thank you.."

The beautiful girl giggled and handed over the money, I swore she'd begun to have a light tinge of blush on her face, "Want to go out?"

"W-What?"

"I mean for lunch, this weekend." The girl clarified, she'd rushed into things awfully quickly but I was internally grateful.

"I'd love too, what's your number?"

"Oh copy off of of here."

The girl showed me her phone number on her contacts, and I'd quickly set her up a profile, snapping a quick photo of us two together I would definitely treasure that thank god I took it so casually.

"Your name is?" I questioned at an irrational speed, she'd heard me though.

"Oh, right sorry hun, my name's Jane. You are?"

"Mary. Mary Vaughn. I'll message you later on, how about we go to the cafe and get some food?"

Jane paused and looked at me in confusion raising her hands, "Broke."

Rolling my diamond blue eyes, I linked her arm with mine and dragged her around to the cafeteria, the hallways had soon emptied. It was only a few people really.

I'd pushed her into the queue ignoring the questionable look on her face and pure panic in her sparkling eyes.

"I'm paying, I'll just have to spend the money to buy milk after school and say they'd sold out of the semi-skimmed."

Jane shook her head frantically trying go change my mind, "No, no! I'll be fine!"

Shaking my head, I led her to the front, "You can't go hungry, darlin' "

Darlin, really? That's the best I've got?

I bought her a donut, I'd prefer not to but she'd insisted as it was the cheapest thing there for some reason, but It actually left enough money for me anyways. Saved a lecture from dad, really.

I don't know how go explain my dad, he never used to be there for me always at work before I begged him to cut his hours, which he did. But since I came out as lesbian he would never take me seriously, but he wasn't really a serious guy.

My mum was an angel, she'd grown up with a terrible family in and out of Foster care it even came to the point where she'd be left babysitting kids at the age of twelve. So, she'd vowed never to be like that.

I couldn't help but wonder what Janes family was like, I'd seen her in gym club after school we'd both run to the treadmills as everyone would battle to get the highest speed. (Which I gold the highest record in my year; 15.)

Anyways, me and her sat there eating and chatting for the twenty minutes of lunch we had left and I'd learnt alot about her;

"Yeah, my parents work for Mr Woods   actually wouldn't be surprised if your parents did. He basically recruited the whole of the school!" Jane spoke rather annoyed and distracted by this, wasn't he a good manager?

"I'm sure he's alright, otherwise the health inspectors would've got involved?"

"It's online, he runs statistic company's."

Oh. That's got to be hard to have children on top of that, but he probably had more time for them anyways.

Ring!!!

"Fuck..." Jane mumbled under her breath, "What class have you got next?"

"Er...I think I have English class nine?"

She grinned widely like her cheeks would rip open eyes twinkling, "Me too! Come on; I'll walk you over!"

I paused in shock.

She grabbed my hand...

Jane asked if I was okay with that and I raised an eyebrow and said it was perfectly fine, not like it was a nuisance to me.

The rest of the day seemed to be a fuzzy blur, we'd both laugh whole heartedly for the last two lessons.

That's when I fell in love.

(This probably isn't the best, it's half one in the morning and I have to try and get a start on my next video. No sleep for the weak.)