4. bury me face down

A/N: how are we feeling about the story so far? Good

A/N: how are we feeling about the story so far? Good. Enjoy. Anyhow, I need to give credit!!! TraciKoontz5 has made these BEAUTIFUL borders(?);whatever you want to call them; and later I will be using ones designed by mynameis_V_, which are also ABSOLUTELY STUNNING and I cant wait to share them as well! Side note, I am not in any way shape or form someone who knows much about forensics. So if I have something wrong... I apologize.

Onto the story!

~~~~

2029
Hara

I slip the white coat over my shoulders once I step into my office, eyes falling immediately to the coffee machine, body screaming desperately for the hit of caffeine.

Files are stacked on my desk. The haphazard pile threatening to topple, I let loose a low sigh knowing today will be filled with autopsies and filling out the relevant paperwork.

I slowly pour a mug of coffee while glaring at the pile, wishing it would disappear. Such is the life of the lead forensic pathologist for this district. Checking other's work to make sure there are no mistakes made, as well as getting all my own cases to wade through. A dull ache throbs through the back of my head, promising to become a full blown migraine if I don't get the caffeine into my system.

Taking a seat, I pull the first file closer, eyes flying over the paperwork, autopsy photos, and relevant cause of death. Signing in the box for the final time, I close the file placing it into another tray that will be collected at the end of the day.

The morning progresses like this. Words swimming in front of my eyes, heart failure, kidney disease, drowning, suicide. All manner of avoidable deaths.

The phone on my desk vibrates and rings once, drawing my attention to the device. I pick it up, hearing nothing but wind for a moment.

"Doctor Choi?" Comes the familiar voice of Detective Lee.

"Lee. What can I do for you today?"

"Hara! We've found a body by the embankment at the estuary, is there any way you can get to us immediately with a kit?"

"Dammit Lee, its a Monday!" I whine down the line. "Fine. But you owe me a lunch." I huff.

He laughs down the line, expecting the words from me.

"Sure Choi. Time and place, time and place."

I hang up, before bustling to get the needed equipment. My badge hanging from the lanyard around my neck. Dialling a number on my phone, I get hold of my assistant. Letting her know that I will be out of the office for the afternoon, so she will have to forward any calls to my cell.