2: Summer Anniversary

.:Luciana:.

Today is mine and Noah's 2 year anniversary. He gave me a present to open today a couple days ago. I grabbed the flat, white box and opened it. I gasped, and shut the box quickly.

It was lingerie. The skimpy type too. My hands got clammy. Why would he give me this? Yes, its been 2 years and he's seen me in a bikini and almost naked, but... but I'm not ready for lingerie, much less sex. 

I shoved the box away and got ready for the day, ignoring the weight in the back of my mind. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, then sat down to tame my hair and do my makeup. I managed to brush it somewhat, but the thick brown curly mane of mine was almost impossible to tame. I sighed and opted for pulling half of it back into a bun and smoothing the rest of the remaining hair down. I then set to doing my makeup. Orange pastel in the inner corner into smooth dark purple on the outside with orange crushed glitter dusted over it all. I finished with mascara and sprayed setting spray all over my face, though I only did my eyes. I smiled in the mirror and swiped on dark maroon/purple lipstick. 

When I stood up I saw the white box peeking out from the side of my bed, almost like it was glaring at me. I shook my head and headed downstairs, texting Jenny all the while.

"Good morning, mija. How did you sleep?" my mom asked, setting a plate of beans and eggs in front of me. I poured a glass of orange juice and sipped it as I scrolled on my phone. 

"I slept pretty good, how about you?" I responded, looking up at my mom. 

"I slept really good, Mija. Thank you for asking." Mama came and kissed my forehead, handing me some pancakes on a seperate plate. My dad wasn't down here. 

"Where's dad?" I asked, eating some of the beans. 

"Trabajo." (work.)My mom said simply, she made herself a plate then sat down in front of me. I kinda sulked, but understood. Dad works to pay bills and give mama and I a good life. 

"I have to clean the Trevors' house today, then Ms. Georgina's home. I think a couple others too." Mama said as she drank coffee. I hummed, scrolling through my phone. Mama works to clean houses 4 days out of the week so not all the responsibility is on papá. 

"Will you both be home late?" I asked, setting my finished plate in the sink. She hummed, I take that as a yes. 

"Will you be okay here alone?" Mama said, concerned about me being alone for so long. 

"Si mami. I'll invite Jenny over, maybe Noah. It's 2 years today." I said, shrugging, though my chest swelled with pride at the mention of Noah and I being together for 2 years, to the day.

"Congratulations, mija!" Mami gushed, pulling me into a hug. She kissed my head then let me go. "Be safe. I have to go. Te quiero mucho, mi chiquilla mensa." (I love you very much, my little girl)

"I love you too, mama." I called after her just as the door closed. I sighed and flopped on the couch. The bell rang a few minutes later. 

"What did you forget, mama?" I called as I walked to the door.

"For starters, I'm not your mother. Second, happy anniversary baby girl." I heard a male's voice say from the door. 

"Noah!!" I threw the door open and flung my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. I pulled away just enough to smash my lips against his. He licked my lip and I grant him entrance, we fought for dominance until finally I gave him the victory and pulled away to breathe properly. 

"Happy," he paused and grabbed something behind him. "Anniversary." He knelt down and pulled out a bouquet of flowers and a little box. 

"Oh my god, Noah!" I gushed.