chapter 2

I thought to make another chapter before I sleep :) don't forget to vote! Thanks.

********

The time has come to eat dinner at the Jonhood's. *Jamie, be cool, be cool. Bear with Russ. Bear with him for tonight. You're cool* I thought to myself when we got infront of the Jonhood's. Mom knocked and Mrs. Jonhood welcomed us with a warm smile. "Hi, Hi! Just in time for dinner" then she called for Russ "Russ, please do prepare the plates."

"Just a sec Mom! I'm coming" he responded.

He came down wearing this t-shirt saying "chic-magnet" and a dark blue shorts. "Hey Jamie" he greeted me with a smile. "Hey there." I greeted back with a poker face.

"Well someone just got a boy" Jerry whispered to me and Mom.

"Shut Jerry, you little-"

"Well I think he's nice" mom said, not letting me finish my sentence. I rolled my eyes in disgust. But honestly, he's nice and handsome. Wait, what am I thinking? Ew. Jamie that's disgusting.

Then Russ approached me "so Jamie, care to sit next to me?"

"Uhh.. Huh? What?" I always say that when I'm surprised or if I don't know what to say.

"Oh c'mon sit next to me" he tried to pull my hand towards the table but I pulled my hand away and said "I can walk alone"

"Okay princess." Then he bowed and pointed his hands like a royal servant towards the dining table "this way to the dinning table, my lady" then he raised his head and winked. I gave him a poker face and I crossed my arms on my chest. "Okay princess c'mon" he chuckled.

"What's with the nicknames, seriously?" I said while passing infront of him. "I don't know I just feel like calling you sweet nicknames because you're pretty cute." He said behind me. "Flirt" I whispered to myself. "What?" He asked. "Nothing." I said half smiling.

When we reached the dinning table he pulled a chair out and said "you sit here" his smile is so heart warming. I sat down and he did too, next to me.

I was trying to reach the rice but he offered a help "let me" then he put rice on my plate. "Thanks" I said sheepishly, "you're welcome" he said smiling. What's with the smile Russ? I gave him that look but he just continued eating. Then out of no where his mom blurted out "you look good together." I almost threw up. I kinda choked and Russ handed me a glass of water. "You okay?" He asked laughing "yeah" I answered.

"See? You guys look so cute. You can be a couple" he's father added. I looked at my mom and Jerry. They were laughing. *okay just what the fuck did they said? I'm done* I thought to myself. Then Russ said "yup, she's a pretty cool girl. I think she'd be an amazing girlfriend." He said while slicing his food. "And who knows maybe also an amazing, perfect wife" the he looked at me. I WANT TO SINK DOWN UNDER THE TABLE. Then his parents and my mom including Jerry started to laugh and I can hear Mrs. Jonhood saying "aww, so sweet". What's with Russ? And why is my Mom reacting like this not getting alarmed with what this idiot said about me being a wife, I mean I'm only 18 I don't even know how to cook. THIS IS SO WEIRD AND FREAKY.

After dinner my mom and Russ' parents are talking to each other while having a tea and Jerry is playing with Spike, Russ' golden retriver. I went outside to get some fresh air and recover from the incident earlier "and maybe an amazing, perfect wife" that kept on playing on my head while staring at the stars. Suddenly I can feel someone is standing behind me. I looked around a saw Russ smiling at me. "Are you always like that?" I said irritatingly.

"What?" He chuckled.

"That, that wide cute smile and charming eyes." MY EYES WIDEN, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE WORDS THAT CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH.

"what?" He said smiling

"Okay I'm going back inside." But he pulled my arm and said "did you just said that I have a cute wide smile and charming eyes?" Then he laughed so loud. I pulled my arm from his grip and said "stop laughing it's embarrasing." I said shyly, still not facing him. "Thanks for the compliment. And it's okay nobody will know" he said. I really feel like sinking and shy but the he said "hey Jamie, seriously it's okay. Don't be shy. Come on face me." I looked up and smiled "thanks for not teasing me"

"So tell me about you." He said.

"My parents got divorced last month because my dad has a drinking problem and he often hurt mom." I said while staring at the stars.

"Oh.. How about those scars?" Then he held my hand.

"Oh these scars? Well I got so depressed these past few months because of my parents' conflict so I cut and I got bullied in school because I'm that out cast and weird. I actually tried to drink shampoo before when I was 15 but my brother saw me and told mom. I don't have a pretty awesome life. I'm always called ugly and fat because my waistline is somewhere in 28 and 29." I said, touching my scars.

"Well, I think you're amazing" he said.

"Oh please Russ don't say that to make me feel better. It's fucking stupid" I cussed

"Are you even allowed to swear? I mean you live with your mom."

"Yeah she always tell me not to swear but whatever. Enough about me. Your turn freak" I said poking his arm.

He laughed lightly. "Okay, well ask me a question"

"I don't have a question because you have a good life." I said.

"Well, not really.. You see my Dad isn't my real Dad. My real Dad died when I was 10 and mom met Christopher, my step-dad when I was 13 and after a few months they got married. He's nice and caring so I'm good with him." Then he stared at me.

"Hmm.. Well sorry about your real dad." I said

"It's okay." He smiled.

"Jamie, there you are. Lets go home, honey." she held my face then turned to Russ "see you around Russ."

"Sure Ms. Cast. Thanks for dropping by" he said with a sweet smile.

"Thanks for the food" mom said smiling. "Jamie, baby, lets go"

"Yeah Mom, I'll catch up!" I said. "Hey Russ it was nice meeting you. I guess you're not bad at all." I said smiling

"You too. And thanks for saying that I have a cute smile and charming eyes and you have a really good body. Do you work out?" He teased.

Then suddenly my lovely mood turned into a rude mood "screw you freak!!" I punched his arm and walked away. "I'll take that as a goodnight sugar. Bye! See ya tomorrow. Goodnight!!" He said loudly. I want to put my middle finger up at him but his parents are looking out from their so I just kept to myself. HE IRRITATES ME. THE NICKNAMES. THE TEASING STUFF. UGH. but he can be sweet at times.

*********

Don't forget to vote.. Thanks!!

-Heynxh (Author)