Fighting Man pt. 2

Levi pulled the gag down so the man could speak. "Wait! I'm just an old man used for moving wagons around the--"

Mikasa cut him off. "I've met this man once before. In the city, people were calling him Boss."

Levi seemed to know of him as well. "Yeah, I know. Dimo Reeves, right?"

Being found out so quickly, the man changed his tune. "Tsk. We were just following orders the Military Police forced on us. And failed big time... They'll plunder the Reeves Company for all that it's worth. They won't stop with me and my dumb son. They'll make sure all my employees die in so-called accidents."

Levi just placed a hand on his hip. "So you'll die without a fight?" That caught his attention. Trost should have collapsed by now, but it's persevered. That's because the Reeves Company brings people and work together. But if the company was gone for good, just how few would survive the winter?" They thought they wanted to team up. "We just need to know where Eren and Historia are. If you're supplying the Military Police, we can figure something out."

Of course, the man was not yet convinced. "But can you stop my city and employees from dying of starvation?"

Levi took a knee, speaking as truthfully as he could. "I can't guarantee it. However, you can trust that we'll move towards that end." Reeves stared into Levi's eyes, taking in his words carefully. Then, agreed. With that, they carried out their plan.

Only after the initial preparations were completed, did Levi wake (Y/n). The girl still seemed pretty lifeless, but agreed to assist Levi in his plan. A plan that ended in Jean and the others holding the Military Police at gun or blade point. Jean and Mikasa knocked them out before they could make too much of a fuss. With a nod, (Y/n) helped move the bodies out of the cart and into a sealed basement.

Levi was going to torture the hostages with Hanji and told (Y/n) to wait outside for orders. She had seen enough torture in her life time, and there was no telling how she would react if she could even just hear it. It was well after dark when Levi called her back into the building. Hanji explained everything once everyone was in the main dining room.

(Y/n)'s expression didn't change, she had already said it was a possibility when they were talking about why the Military Police wanted Historia. "The true royal successor... is Historia?" Armin repeated as the other cadets stood in shock. (Y/n) just leaned on the wall with her arms crossed.

Hanji nodded before continuing. "In other words, both Eren and Historia are likely wherever Rod Reiss is." With a glance to her man, a paper was placed on the wall. It held the information about Rod Reiss on it. He was the next target. That got (Y/n)'s attention, as she tried to figure out a reason both Historia and Eren were needed. After all, it wouldn't make sense for Historia to eat Eren. Unless... for some reason, Eren's titan abilities could be used in a different manner than what he currently used them for.

If that was indeed the case, why Historia. If the bloodline had anything to do with it... then perhaps when Eren ordered the Titans around... it would have been a fluke... or because he had a connection with the true reason. If that was the case... then Historia would be the only one able to use that power if she was a descendant of the first Titan.

Which meant, she would be a distant family member of the wife of the man her father was friends with before she was cast here. Levi chanced a glance in her direction, seeing her brow furrow in thought. He sighed. "You don't need to figure everything out now. Though, by your expression, you already have some idea what's going to happen. Or am I wrong?"

(Y/n) nodded. "If Historia is who I think she is... then we need to get both of them before she is turned into a Titan." Levi looked confused. "The stories my father told me... about how Ymir controlled the Titans and created the wall. The wife of the man who was my father's friend held that royal blood and was there the day Eren was kidnapped. From what I've heard... Eren was able to control the Titans after he punched his fist with hers. If Historia carries that same bloodline, she could be forced to eat Eren for that power, then used for whatever the government wants. She would be able to control the Titans unlike Eren. Eren cannot control them unless he is in contact with someone of royal blood."