=TWENTY SIX=

I sat on my bed, my packed bag under my arm waiting for Richie's arrival.

Will came in the room and sat beside me.

"I'm gonna miss you." He told me. "You were the only roomate I liked." 

"Well, you can get out too. You just have to get your parents to sign the form."

"They won't."

"Why?"

"Because they think I belong here. That it will help."

"Oh well, you'll get out eventually."

"Yeah your right November 26th."

"How long have you been here?"

"November 26th."

A year? how did he survive in here.

"Oh but, you didnt do anything that bad."

"I tried to escape and found ways to hurt myself and others in here or whatver."

"Oh."

just then, I saw a curly haired boy with glasses come in the door way.

"Come on staniel." He smiled hands in his pockets.

I hugged Will. "I'll visit."

"You better." He called as I walked out of the room.

Everyone stared at me in disbelief. If I were them I would too. I would probably be the last person to get out.

As i took a step out of the hospital I let the wind hit my face, I spun in a circle arms out. Freedom. 

"Okay, as much as I am enjoying this stanny, lets go." Richie teased.

I got into Richies car and, through my bag in the back seat. Richie started the car and I heard the engine roar. 

"I want to see Bill." I said after five minutes.

Richie didnt respond.

"Rich, I want to see him." 

"Stan,"

"What?"

Richie took a deep breath "He doesn't want you to see him."

"What? Why?" I asked.

In reality I knew exactly why. he didn't want me to see him like that.

"He doesn't love you anymore." Penelope stated. "Maybe if we went on a hunger strike!"

"He's really sick Stan, he doesn't want you to hurt yourself when you see him."

"well, I want to see him. It'll be worse if I dont."

"Stan, your not seeing Bill." 

"Take me to see him, please."

"Stan, no."

We pulled into the drive way and I ran out right away grabbing my bag and running to the house. ignoring the banner and the rest of the losers I rushed to Bill and I's room. 

I climbed onto the balcony. Its not that high of jump. 

I jumped down and heard a crack.

The stick under my feet snapped and I ran in the direction of the hospital hoping the losers wouldn't realize I was gone.