Prologue

Two figures glared at one another as the rain pelted down without mercy. The stone temple floor that was once clean was now stained with blood , some bodies lay by the edges , drenched and bloodied.

The two men both had weapons. One had two blades that was attached to his arms , the blades were stained with crimson red to prove it's point of being deadly. The other had a blade behind his back , his muscles tensed but his face hidden under his mask.

Shen glared at Zed , never in his entire life had he been so furious. His father , Kusho , lay by his feet and he was nothing but a bloodied corpse. His friend who he considered as his brother murdered his father , his mentor.

"How could you?", Shen asked while unsheathing his blade. Zed remained as still as a statue , his red eyes glaring straight at him out of the eyeholes of his mask. "It had to be done", he simply said. Shen gave a low growl that could still be heard against the pouring rain. "No it didn't. Why did you do this Zed? Has Master Kusho not been kind to you?", He growled. Zed glanced at the corpse and than at Shen , his rage inside him boiling like water in a teapot. Shen was so foolish , balance is nothing but an illusion only meant to chain and weaken.

He drew in a deep breath before speaking ,"he was a fool. We could have killed Jhin when we had the chance , we could have ridden that psychopath once and for all. But you and your Father decided to let him go , he killed thousands of innocents and we let him get away!", He roared. All his fury and rage poured out like that , in just a few words he flung himself at Shen.

Shen was quicker and smarter too , he disappeared in a flicker of blue light and Zed had to stop in his tracks. Shen appeared behind him and struck a blow at his shoulder with his blade , Zed quickly blocked his attack with his own blade and their eyes met.

Dark and betrayed brown eyes stared back at those unforgiving red ones , the red looking exactly like the blood that stained his armour. Zed had already fought Shen , yet there was unknown hesitation for him to strike. There was a loud wail and they both snapped their heads to see a sight they couldn't erase.

There , lying on the slippery and muddy ground , laid two bodies. One was dead on the floor , blood oozing out of his chest and his body was limp an motionless. A stab wound was in his chest and crimson , red blood gushed out like a river.

The second was a young girl , black hair soaked and clothes drenched. She was weeping and holding the man's hand , tears streaming down her face along with the rain drops. She looked ten years old , her head hung in grief and sadness as she cried for the man before her.

Shen immediately stiffened. "Akali...", he whispered but the girl never seemed to hear him. Zed also stiffened and let Shen slip away to the girl , he ran across the clearing and approached the girl.

Shen made a shushing sound and placed a gentle hand on her back , "Akali", he soothed. She sniffled and curled buried her face in his chest as she began to form sentences out of her sobbing. "Father is badly hurt", she sobbed and she looked up at him with tearful hazel eyes."Why won't Father wake up? Why isn't he moving , Shen?", she asked. Shen let his arms wrap around her as she cried her heart out , he placed his chin on top of her head and rubbed circles on her back. "Ssh , it's ok Akali. I'm here , I'm not leaving you".

"Why is he so cold? Can't he hear me?", the questions poured out of her mouth like a waterfall. Shen shook his head and shifted into his brown wolf , he motioned for Akali to do the same. Zed watched as she shrunk into a black wolf pup , Shen picked her up gently by her neck and gave Zed a hard glare.

With a rustle of movement , he was already gone. Leaving Zed alone in the rain , the blood never seemed to be washing away.