Chapter 6

We had our chance. It was a fine and true romance.

_____

Chapter 6

What was heard inside Richard's office was the ticking of the clock. Lea had been checking her watch every minute. That day was their second session; they'd done counseling every Saturday morning. It was convenient for both of them because they had not any work to do. After all, it was the weekend. The kids didn't have any idea about their parents' set-up every ten am on Saturday. They thought the two were going out on a date.

How Lea wished that it was a date, but it was not. They were trying to get back to when everything was good, but it wasn't that easy. They thought that everything would go in its place after sleeping together for the whole week, but it didn't happen. The two of them built a faction that was as hard as their pride.

"Good morning to the both of you." Richard greeted the couple the moment he sat on his seat. "So, how did it go?" He asked but he was particularly looking at Lea, whose response was to bite her lower lip.

Lea pursed her lips before speaking. She was not as nervous as the first counseling, but her hands were still shaking. "It was good." She looked at Aga, trying to read his face. "We've slept together in one room." An awkward, overwhelming smile appeared on her face when she had seen that he was looking at her, too.

"And on the same bed," Aga added, sounding like a proud kid who received his first five stars from Teacher Monica in kindergarten. "It was pretty easy."

Richard nodded his head in delight. "What did you feel when you slept together again after such a long time?"

Lea raised her eyebrows while biting her lower lip. She swore she tasted a metallic taste after grinding her teeth so hard on her lower lip. "Uhm, It was good because..."

I heard his voice again. I heard the voice I fell in love with.

A squeeze from Aga's right hand pulled Lea from her stupor.

"We spoke about the past. Mostly about our daughters. It was good." Aga calmly stated, looking at his wife whose eyes seemed so lost.

What are you thinking?

___

"Okay. Good. I say that's a fast improvement for both of you. Do you think you can do that again?"

"Doing it again is not that bad of an idea."

Lea instantly looked at her husband after he said those words. Expecting a good response from him was last on her list. And again, she was stunned by him.

She made an effort to hide the smile on her face by looking down, but she realized it was a bad idea because she instead saw the intertwined hands of her and Aga.

"I'm going to guess our next assignment this time," Lea said, feeling giddy all of a sudden.

Richard smiled at Lea, nodding. "Go ahead, Lea."

"This involves flowers and... well, him serenading me?"

"You know, it was old school, I had a terrible voice, but I know I still got it," Aga said, looking at Lea who was patiently waiting for Richard's response.

Richard flashed a smile as he shook his head. "That is an idea, but no."

"What is it then?"

The consultant placed his left hand on his chin for a moment before saying the word.

The anticipation was killing the couple, especially Lea.

"Sex."

Lea choked on her saliva, and she almost fell on the carpeted floor. "Have I heard you right?" She stuttered while asking Richard.