Chapter 21; Welcome To Idaho

UNEDITED

For seemingly the hundredth time, Davy found herself throwing anything in sight into a duffel bag. She took clothes from her wardrobe at random. She shoved her already full back of necessities in right after. 

They had left Houston the morning after the date. Davy had a total of two days to herself while she booked plane tickets to Idaho. Yes, she had made up her mind, and yes,  Scott would be accompanying her. 

Now that Josh and Lily were on their honey moon and Mariah had moved out to Montana, Davy found herself oddly lonely in her empty house. Sure, Teagan visited a couple times since they'd been back, but it was odd walking through the house knowing nobody else was living with her. 

Since she'd bought the house, it seemed like it was always full. It had annoyed her at times, but Davy had grown used to the chaos. 

That was one of the reasons she booked the flight so soon after they returned from Houston. It gave her something to do. 

Sighing, she observed her room, scanning for anything specific she'd forgotten to pack. Her heart sank as she recalled Mariah lecturing her on keeping her house clean. 

Teagan did was fairly good job keeping to first level of the house clean, but to be fair, it wasn't exactly high maintenance. The first level held onto the living room, kitchen, dining room, recording studio, instrument closet, and a bathroom.

The dining room was rarely used. The only meal Davy was guaranteed to eat on any given day was dinner, and she tended to eat in front of the TV or in her room. The dining room was only used when she had Josh's family over.

Her recording studio was really more of a glorified office with a professional microphone and a soundproof booth. The only reason's Teagan would need to clean in there was if it started getting dusty.

Now, the instrument closet was another story. It held five different electric guitars, two or three acoustic guitars, a keyboard, a drum set, a couple ukuleles, a mandolin, every kind of tuner imaginable, and probably forty to fifty guitar picks sitting in random places. 

It was chaotic, but somehow at the same time organized. The living room only got messy whenever the whole band was over, that they usually picked up their own trash. Really the only room Teagan cleans on a regular basis is the kitchen. 

The second floor was another story. Teagan doesn't clean the second floor. 

The second floor held Davy's master bedroom, three guest bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a broom closet. 

Until now, at least one of the guest bedrooms was being used at all times, so there was always some kind of mess.  

Davy's bedroom always looked one of two ways. Most of the time, it looked like it was just raided by pirates and then ransacked by a tornado. Every once in a while, Davy would go on an obsessive cleaning spree anywhere from two to four in the morning, and it would look flawless for the next couple days. 

As she looked around, Davy realized she might be due for a cleaning spree. However, that thought disappeared the second she heard her phone ring. 

She scrambled across the room to her bedside table. Picking her phone up, she realized it was only her alarm alerting her that her flight was leaving in two hours. Sighing, she grabbed her bag, threw it over her shoulder, and dialed Teagan's number. 

"Hey," Davy greeted as Teagan picked up her call, "Me and Scott are gonna need a ride to the airport. You busy?"

"Please, I don't have a life. When do you need me there?" Teagan asked  sarcastically.