Ling

"I hate being trapped in this palace, Fu! I'm the leader of the Yao clan! I should be able to do whatever I want not be here babysat by a geezer like you!"
"My Young Lord, you must remember that you have been in charge of a great responsibility at the moment and your decision may indeed change the fate of Xing!"
I sighed.
"How can my decision change the fate of this country. I mean, my father hasn't even told me what was even happening yet." I thought back to the letter sent from the Emperor,
"To whom it may concern, a messenger shall be arriving to all forty three divisions of Xing. There they shall give you a message from the head palace of the Emperor and his doing. It is not a public matter so it shall be given in secret to only the Prince/Princess in person." I don't care about all this "to whom it may concern" crap, I just wanna get straight to the point so I can act. I mean that isn't too much to ask for really.
Fu began to get frustrated. "I must keep you in the palace, my Lord! The Emperor stated that all Leaders should be ready for anything drastic at this time!" Yeah like I really care.
"Come on, Fu! Can you at least go get me one of those tasty rice balls they have in the market? I'll kill for one!"
"As you wish my Lord, but I'll keep Dong in charge of you." And Fu walked straight out the door.
What just happened here? Fu was extremely ticked off by my behavior (even though he couldn't admit it. Ah I love having power) but suddenly had a change of heart to go and buy me rice balls out in the market. And to top it all off left me with the lazy guard in the palace. I can't believe Fu actually fell for my escape plan but he's starting to get old anyway!
I hopped out of my throne and went straight to the window. From there I climb out the window and was home free! This has to be the easy escape ever!
"Impatient for those rice balls I see," exclaimed Fu who was right beside me in a nearby bush."
"What the hell how did you?" Gah this is bad! Fu is gonna give another one of his long talks about responsibilities of a prince if I don't get away! I'll have to do the one thing I'm good at doing.
Running.
• • •
"Young Lord you come back here this very instant!" Shouted Fu a few yards away from where I hide secretly in an alley. It's been thirty three minutes when will he just give up and let me explore!
"Hey you're that spoiled prince!" Yelled a deep voice from inside the alleyway.
"Hey you're right, boss! What's a big shot like him doin' on our turf?" Exclaimed another voice. Man, why did I have to run into thugs at a time like this?
"Alright men if you leave now I won't report you to the official government. I pinky swear!" I sheepishly held out my hand to make peace with them.
"I ain't taken no orders from the Yao baby!" Shouted the enraged deep voice, "Let's show this brat a lesson from the slums!" Slums? This isn't even close to a slum what the heck are they talking about?
"Okay fellas you asked for it!" I reached for my sword...which I happened to forget was still at the throne room in it's glass case.
"Adios Princey-boy!" I braced myself for the impact of the large thug before me.
"Clink!" I heard the man's knife fall onto the floor. One after another all the weapons were taken away from the gang in a flash.
"Now boys," said Fu who arrived out of nowhere, "why on earth would you think a prince of Xing would be left alone in the marketplace with no bodyguards? You may want to reconsider your rash decisions."
The gigantic man spat onto the ground. "Come guys, let's leave the damn prince alone." And they all left.
"Hey Fu..." I said nervously, "long time no see heh heh."
"Master Ling we are heading straight to the palace this instant!" Roared Fu, "You have caused enough trouble for-"
"Uh hello I take it you are Ling Yao, twelfth prince of the Eastern nation?" I stared at this guy as he was looking me up and down.
"Why yes you are Ling Yao, twelfth prince of the Eastern nation." This guy was starting to freak me out.
"Who are you, may I ask?" Asked Fu in an defensive tone.
"Who I am does not concern you, but the information I hold does. Now, Ling Yao, twelfth prince of the Eastern nation I would like you to prepare you and two escorts immediately."
Okay there is no way I was gonna go off with some strange dude, I mean he isn't even offering me presents or anything delicious!
"Alright who are you? Why the hell should I go with you? How do I know I can trust you?"
"Please Ling Yao, twelfth-"
"Stop it with that annoying twelfth prince of the Eastern nation thing before I Eastern nation your-"
"Alright fine," the man said in a less robotic tone, "Ling, the reason you must come with me is because your father has requested you and every other leader in Xing to come to his palace."
"Wait why does father want-"
The strange messenger sighed "Ling, your father is dying! We need you to hurry!"

_

Heyllo! Hope you enjoyed my first chapter of my first fanfic (lol I've never done these before so don't judge me)
So I'm pretty sure you can tell which anime this is from if you are a fan XD anyway I guess Uh like if you want more (I have no idea how to use this app :p) and I might do a chapter 2 :D

Stay Swaffy!!