Chapter IV. My Rules, His Rules

I keep looking myself at the mirror. The wound in my neck is totally gone. I was so sure that there was blood in itㅡthe blade cut it! How can he possibly do that with just a kissㅡ

A kiss?

I shook my head. Hell no, it wasn't just a kiss. I felt his tongue. He is a pervert. He really is. But... his voice was so manly. I hate to admit it but my heart raced like crazy when I heard his voice. Ah, this is really driving me crazy!

A lot of things happened today. My heart melted when I saw Lawrence, Melissa told me she hates me, I remembered the past, I was tired, and now Gusion kissed my neck. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I checked the time and one hour had already passed. I haven't had dinner. I usually don't eat dinner but it's different now that there's another person inside my house.

I grabbed my things and went out my room. He's probably sleeping but it's too lame not to feed a guestㅡan unexpected guess. I knocked on his room and I was surprised to receive a sudden response. He opened the door.

"D-Do you want to come with me?" I asked, trying not to maintain an eye-to-eye contact with him. I feel awkward about what he did.

"Where?"

"There's a restaurant nearby. I was thinking to have a dinnerㅡ"

"Okay." He didn't let me finish. Jerk.

We walked our away down the parking lot and entered the car. I feel awkward being around him now.

"About what happened earlier," I cleared my throat. "Why did you do that?"

"I already told you," he replied.

I just nodded and focused on my driving. I took my bag with me when we arrived at the restaurant. The waiter led us to the empty seat and took our order.

"Your world is really different from mine," he said while his eyes were wandering the entire entire.

"Honestly, I didn't want to believe everything you said but it made sense when I found out that you were a fictional hero." Mobile Legends, huh.

"I am not a fictional hero. I am real. I exist."

"Yes, you do. But you are a part of a game. You are a fictional hero."

He is sitting formally and looking at me with those cold eyes. I guess I will be frozen in a minute.

"Having a conversation with you is the hardest thing I have ever experienced in life." He said and he shook his headㅡas if he was talking to himself.

"Let's just continue this later. You see, this isn't the right place to talk about it." I shrugged my shoulders. This isn't really the right place. There are a lot of people here and they might hear what we are talking about and they might think that we are stupids.

The waiter arrived with our food. I thanked him after putting everything on the table.

"I had no idea about your favorite food that's why I ordered the best-selling menu of the restaurant." I said.

"You could've asked me," he answered me as he grabbed a bite on his food.

"Right." I mumbled.

"It's salty," he said while wiping the corner of his lips with the napkin. I raised my eye brows and took one bite of the food.

"It isn't." I took another bite. It wasn't even salty at all. The taste was perfect.

"It is," he insisted. "And what do you call this?"

"Oven-fried fish fillets."

"The chef must have put too many salt and the fish doesn't look fresh at all. Why do they cook like this?" He said without any pause.