CHAPTER TWO • Principal's Announcement

Early the next morning,  around the time the students got up for school, the sky was pink and the clouds were puffing around Tokyo's Nakano City, and Kirigiri Masaki walked quickly to a small street, surrounded by pink and white sakura blooms. She slowed her pace as she reached a large grey house surrounded by both Japanese and American plants, and painted rocks lining a walkway. It was Kataro's home.

She rang the doorbell, and smoothed down her pink skirt, very calm, and almost, bored. 

She was the type of student who enjoyed school. 

Taro, just barely awake,  heard the door ring, and opened it sleepily.

 "Oh! Kirigiri!" He said, somewhat blushing, the tired face pushed into a smile as he saw his friend.. 

He had just woken up and all he was wearing was shorts, and an unbuttoned shirt, revealing his muscular chest.

It shouldn't bother anyone, should it?  he thought, not caring a single bit. It was spring break now~ nothing should be thought about. 

"Ka-Taro!" Kirigiri said quickly, covering her eyes with her hands, as the warm air rushed into Kataro's house. 

She peeked through her hands so she could talk to Taro. 

"We need to go to the school this morning. The new principal has an announcement to make. It seems important." she said quietly, looking behind the brown haired boy for Miyo, Kataro's army stepsister whom she hadn't seen since Christmas time.

Kataro laughed, and looked down at Kirigiri.

 "Kiri~ you've seen me without a shirt a million times during beach school trips~" he rolled his eyes playfully and didn't yet wait for her to respond.,

He paused and  ruffled her hair as if she was a child.

 "Why an announcement during spring break?" Taro asked, stepping forward into the warm spring air.

"But.. That was the beach!" Kiri huffed, already annoyed at her friend.

 "Since Mr. Harinoko got fired, Principal Nomokoma, the new principal, wants to go over rules and have a quick moment," she smiled.

Kataro tilted his head, like a kitten, "I thought he did that yesterday Kiri?"

"Oh, right. I'm not sure yet." Kirigiri furrowed her brows, most likely letting her inner detective figure out what the announcement was going to be about.

Kataro smiled back "Ohh~ We'll figure out soon enough." he laughed teasingly, 

"I'm going in this then" he said, gesturing to his unbuttoned shirt. He stuck his tongue out at Kiri, just as he had as a child.

Kiri blushed, "Kataro Ren Akinora! Make yourself presentable!" she rolled her eyes, and them closed them, allowing the wind to tassel her hair.

Miyo, Taro's older sister came to see the commotion, and laughed. "Kirigiri! Hi!"

Kirigiri and Taro waved to Miyo quickly. "Like what you see?" Kataro joked, taking a step closer to Kirigiri.

Kiri blushed, "KATARO!," then mumbled some nonsense and walked away, into the foggy spring morning.

"Wait for me!" Taro yelped, buttoning his shirt and running off to follow her.

As Kataro caught up, they reached the school, and they walked together, into the school grounds.

The calm, sleepy students quieted as the anxious principal came onto the podium, not knowing what horrible thing was going to happen soon. They all were smiling, happy and calm. 

Until..

Principal Nomokoma, quiet, and oddly nervous, announced gravely,

"Students, this is serious: ----------" 

The chapter mutes out, and you can't hear, or read the rest of the announcement. 

However, you can see the students. 

They are scared. Confused. Aghast.

WELCOME TO BLOODHOUND.

......................................................................................................

- the narrator would like to send the reader [you, silly!] a message. 

would you like to open it?

> yes.

no.

hey! its cece <3 i hope you enjoyed this chapter.

what do you think Mr. Nomokoma said?

see you in next week's update my loves~

.....................................................................................................

socials:

@sunflwrs on scratch

@honeyquii- on yt

@artsiiwillow on dA

.............................................................................................................

BLOODHOUND.. Can dogs KILL?