Why is it cold?

Frong was on his way to the medical facility,  when it came to mind. That he should have called Thara to see if he was free.

"Come on Thara, pick up." The phone rang and went to voicemail.

'This is doctor Thara, sorry I can't come to the pho..' Frong hung up his phone.

"Damn don't tell me I came all this way for nothing?" He looked done at the bag of food he was holding in his hand. "Maybe I should just call him again."

As he said this his phone began to ring. "Hello."

"Hey Frong, I'm sorry I couldn't answer. What's up?"

"Do you have any free time right now?"

"Free time, hold on I'll check... let's see. Um, I have two more patients and then I will have some free time. Did you need something?"

"Well have you eaten yet?"

"No not since this morning when you game me that congee. And oh yeah, I did eat an apple a couple of hours ago."

"This morning, you mean 6:30 am this morning?" It's almost 3:00 pm Thara."

"Yeah it's been kind of busy today."

"You can't just walk out on those two right?"

"You would be very right, I wouldn't be able to call myself a doctor then."

"Ok well just call me when you are done ok?"

"Yes sir, you'll be the first to know." Thara said smiling.

Thara was walking through the lobby when he saw someone familiar. "Hey Frong, what are you doing here?"

Frong looked up from his phone. "Oh you know trying to find myself a hot doctor."

"Oh is that so, then how about the one standing in front of you?" Frong looked behind Thara then back on him.

"Well I guess he will have to do for now, since I don't see a hotter one." He said laughing.

"Ha Ha very funny." Thara sat down, letting out a loud sigh. "Man I'm tired, it's been non stop all day."

"Did you finish up with your patients?"

"Yeah, one of them. The other one just called to reschedule. So now I get a couple hours to myself."

"Sounds like it's your lucky day. On top of that, you also get some cold food." Frong said smiling as he held the bag up.

"Cold, why is it cold?"

"It wasn't two hours ago, but now it is."

"Two hours? Where you here when you called me?" Frong didn't have to reply, Thara already knew the answer. "Oh man Frong why did you stay, you didn't have to do that. You didn't even know when I would be finished."

"I was already here, so it's fine. I didn't wait long." Thara held Frong's free hand, and smiled at him sweetly.

"I'm sorry for making you wait so long. But next time please call ahead, you never know with this job. Ok?"

"Ok yes, I get it. Hey you need to eat something." Thara took the bag of food out of Frong's hand.

"Thank god, you are a life saver. It's like when I'm with the patients, I completely forgot about being hungry."

"Slow down Thara your going to get sick from eating so fast."

"Sorry." Thara said with a mouth full of food. Frong wipes his mouth